Friday, September 26, 2008

In This Corner...

I'm watching the Presidential Debate. Are you? If you aren't, you should be. If you are, follow along with me! First of all, I know it is called "playing to the camera," but I love how Barack can make eye contact with me through my TV. He's done it twice now. I swear. First thought. Obama pointed out that they had not yet read the proposal for this economic plan so he can't say whether he supports it or not. McCain stated he'll vote for it. Without reading it? McCain says he will veto any spending bill... but there are programs that need funding. Like that war he supports in Iraq. Jim Lehrer seems to be struggling. Huh. Energy. Health Care. Education, Science, Technology, Affordable College. Infrastructure- including broadband to rural areas. Eliminate programs that don't work. Eliminate ethanol subsidies. Fixed cost contracts. Defense spending under control. Clean out the bad apples from government agencies. And now I pause for the evening. As much as I would like to be a political afficionado... I am a mom first. And my daughter needs me. So off I go and I will watch more of the debate on the DVR over the weekend!

No comments: