Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Silver Linings

It helps to count the good things in life when life has felt like a bit of a bully...


  1. I have set a development goal at work- I've answered, officially, the question of what I want to be next with my company.  It was scary but putting it officially in company documentation makes it more real and means I can do things to work towards it.
  2. The work load might be huge and I might feel like a lot of work is untouched or unfinished but I am feeling productive and am working on using my organizational skills to at least know what needs to be done.  Feeling even a little bit of control is a good thing.
  3. I have a date with a friend next week.  I can't wait to spend time with her.  Our souls connect- friends like that are really special.
  4. My husband loves me and I love him.  He takes care of me and has been so good to me as I figure out all of this stressful stuff.
  5. My church family loves me.  I know that there are people praying for me every day.  I know there are people ready to give me a hug, listen if I need to vent, offer advice, and these same people will lovingly let me know if they see me in a dangerous or damaging place.  Those are important people to have in your life.
  6. I can pay my bills.  I can pay my bills and still have money to splurge with, to be other needs with, to eat out with.  And I'm not racking up credit card debt.
  7. While not everything about my work situation is ideal... I will say that it is still better than the Worst Boss Ever that I worked for when I was a social worker.  No one here is trying to break me, no one has a goal to "break my ideals" and no one is trying to make me cry every day.  
  8. I bought the cutest little Nutella snack thing - it has a serving of Nutella and little crunchy breadsticks to dip into the Nutella.  
  9. Seasonal creamer flavors are here!  I bought Pumpkin Pie Spice and Salted Caramel Mocha... and that Salted Caramel Mocha is heavenly!!!
  10. My kids are healthy and happy and love each other.  
What are your silver linings today?


Photobucket