Saturday, August 8, 2015

Opening Day @IndyStateFair

The kids and I spent most of the entire day at the Indiana State Fair yesterday. And it was a nearly perfect day. We had the crankies at home and the kids were dragging their feet about going. I had originally planned on that day being just for ME - no kids. But plans changed.

I had a root canal on Weds and I'd had a lot of mouth pain ever since. I wasn't sure going out in the sun and heat was a good idea and I wasn't sure how much fair food I'd really be able to enjoy anyway.

So the day wasn't starting off with much hope of a great time.

Thankfully, I still believe in the magic of the Indiana State Fair!

We got there later than planned which meant we ended up parking on the north side of the infield instead of the south side. This meant starting our day by the Pioneer Village instead of the Dairy Bar. Which was odd because in the past few years, I always always always start my day at the Dairy Bar! But the change seemed to set us off on a good path!

Here's the "secret" to really enjoying the State Fair - just go with it. Start somewhere, interact with people, ask questions, let loose, and just see where the day takes you.

Here are a couple of highlights from the day.



















And if you want to see more of our Opening Day at the Indiana State Fair, check out the album on my Facebook fan page.




But the best way to enjoy these adventures is to go and find your own fun at the Fair!!


sig jan 2014 photo owlsig.jpg

No comments: