Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Foods They Like

Yesterday, I shared that I would really like to give menu planning a good try.  I asked for help from my readers - email me, comment, link up to your blog.  Share your meal planning tips and favorite recipes.

Last night, I sat the family down and we talked about food we like - or at least most of us like.

Protein - chicken, pork chops, steak, fish

Vegetables - carrots, corn, peas, edamame, green beans

Fruit - pineapple, grapes, strawberries, watermelon, apples

Also on the list - fish sticks, pizza, and chicken nuggets.

In addition, we had votes for spaghetti night and taco night and breakfast for dinner and chicken nacho night and baked potato bar.  Jeff's requested pot roast.  Teagan is interested in trying quinoa and also spaghetti squash.  We also thought turkey sandwiches on king's hawaiian rolls would be good.  And 3 out of 4 of us enjoy hitting the salad bar so we could make an at home salad bar.

So I think I have a very good start.

Now it's a matter of creating a plan and sticking to it.  I'm looking ahead to next week.

Monday and Tuesday are eat at home nights.  We eat at church on Wednesday.  Thursday is either Jeff and kids on their own or a quick meal before I go to Worship Team rehearsal.  Friday we eat at home.  Right there, I've got 4 nights to plan for.

I have chicken and fish in the freezer.

I'm perusing my boards on Pinterest and finding recipes that I think the kids might want to try.  And I even created a board of Stuff I Want To Cook.

It's my intention to have my plan ready to go by Friday.  I'd still love for you to share your favorite family recipes on yesterday's post!

sig jan 2014 photo owlsig.jpg

1 comment:

Nancy said...

D loves quinoa. I fix it, then add peppers and some sort of vinegar...we were using grapefruit vinegar but we are out of it. I try to make it ahead of time, put it in the fridge and it is a meal for she and I.