Monday, January 23, 2017

January 2017


When the new year started, I shared that I wasn't so much into the idea of making a resolution or setting a "focus word." Instead, I made a list of things I wanted to focus on, continue, or start up.



1. I have to admit, I thought I was cheating a little with that first one. When I made my list, I had a plan for Jeff and I to sneak off for 1 night at a hotel. But then the kids got sick. So now I have to find another night when we can book a hotel and sneak away!

3. We are looking at plans for Spring Break. Gatlinburg, I think!

7. After next week, all 4 of us should be on our final belt before becoming Black Belts. Teagan will get there well ahead of the rest of us. And she will certainly continue her training while the rest of us will be satisfied with the achievement of Black Belt.

8 and 9. I need to make a plan to focus on this one in Feb.

10. I've been thinking about this one. One thing I want to get more deeply involved in is fighting homelessness in my city. I am involved with a mission through my church but want to look into doing more.

11. This one is slow. I'm trying to get out and walk regularly. I am a wimp when it comes to walking in cold and wet weather, though.

12. I need to work up some courage on this one.

13. We had a date night - the overnight ended up just being dinner in celebration of Jeff's birthday. Need to plan a February date night now!

16. I did Free Hugs at the Indianapolis Women's March (Rally)! It was fantastic! One guy gave me a huge hug and then borrowed my sign so he could go hug people. Another woman hugged me and then handed me her hat (one of those infamous pink knit ones). A couple people would hug and dance at the same time! One event down, 2 to go!



17. I have read 2 books so far - A Dog's Purpose and Born A Crime. I have also been invited to join a book club and am working on forming a book club between some families!

18. I've been doing this one - especially loving a journal I'm doing with Teagan.

19. I've had some lovely time with friends - some highlights are coffee with a friend, a night watching Beaches before the terrible Lifetime redo came on, and a game night with another family.

20. We have a new chore system in place and it's going very well so far!

23. I've been wearing my FitBit almost daily. Sometimes I forget it for a day when I take it off to charge it. I really need to up my daily steps.

Making progress in some areas - not bad for the first month of the year! I plan to do monthly updates to keep myself accountable.








No comments: