The awesome thing about the Indiana wine scene that I've noticed is that it is growing and maturing. A decade ago, Indiana wines were very focused on sweet wines. Lots of honey wine and fruit wine but not much complexity. Now, you will truly find a wine for any and every possible taste preference.
This year, Vintage Indiana is on June 1. And it's going to be a great day! Great wine, lots to learn and try, and live music!
Some fun facts (provided to me by Indiana Wines):
- 30 Indiana wineries will offer samples of over 300 wines.
- This is Indiana’s largest wine festival featuring locally crafted wine!
- Indiana has 69 wineries. They produce over 1.25 million gallons of wine a year and attract over 2 million visitors. The 70th winery will open sometime in May!
- Adults tickets are $22 in advance at Marsh Supermarkets or online at www.vintageindiana.com $25 at gate
- Designated Driver tickets are $10 and include unlimited soft drinks and water. No wine glass or wine samples allowed on this ticket.
- Kids ages 6-20 are $5. Under 5 years old are free.
If you want to learn more about the event, there are tons of ways to connect!
Follow Vintage Indiana on Twitter. Tweet from the event or leading up with the hashtag #VintageIN.
Check out the Vintage Indiana website. Check out the Facebook page, too!
And the best part this year?
I have 2 tickets to give away!!
I'm going to be looking for people to help spread the news and create some buzz for the event (hahaha -buzz for a wine event - get it??).
1 entry for leaving a comment on this blog post.
1 entry for leaving a comment on my Eternal Lizdom page (either a comment on the blog post or writing on my Wall about it).
1 entry if you tweet about Vintage Indiana (make sure you tag @VintageIndiana and @EternalLizdom).
1 entry if you tag Eternal Lizdom on the Vintage Indiana facebook page.
1 entry if you post on your personal Facebook page about Vintage Indiana and encourage your friends to go!
Basically - if you show me that you are promoting Vintage Indiana, you get an entry. You just have to show me- feel free to leave comments here on this post for anything you do to promote the event! And make sure you are promoting the event and not this giveaway, please.
Winner will be drawn on Tuesday, May 21.
I have received admission to Vintage Indiana but no compensation for this post or giveaway. The 2 tickets will be left at Will Call under the winner's name.