Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanksgiving Menu - Check! #RespectTheTurkey

I've been scouring the internet for recipes and inspiration for Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm very excited to be able to have a more active role in the family meal this year.

Last year... well, w eknow I wasn't feeling any kind of holiday spirit.

This year... not only am I filled with joy and love and gratitude, I'm also so excited to spend time with our families!

We have Thanksgiving with Jeff's family this weekend.  The only thing we bring is a veggie tray and a fruit salad or fruit tray.  I've got a recipe for homemade ranch dip that I'll be using for my veggie tray.  Most years, we just buy the 2 trays from the grocery store but this year, I am putting together my own veggie tray and fruit!

Zach and I will be heading to my mom and dad's house on Wednesday evening.  I'll be heading up the cooking on Thursday morning.  Jeff, our friend Brian, and Teagan will head over on Thursday morning (Teagan has dance class on Weds evening).

The menu is planned to make sure that favorite items are included - for example, the grocery store cheese ball and ritz crackers is a must for Jeff.

Appetizers

Veggie tray with homemade ranch dip
Grocery store cheese ball and ritz crackers
Summer sausage, cheese, crackers
Shrimp cocktail
Baked brie with apple slices, bread
Deviled Eggs

Meal

Turkey
Gravy
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Green bean casserole (no mushrooms)
Corn
Stove Top stuffing
Roasted potatoes/carrots/leeks/brussels sprouts
Rolls

Dessert

Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Turtle Cheesecake
Pumpkin Crunch

OMG. This is making me hungry.  Is it Thanksgiving yet?? I'm ready to cook and eat! I'm ready to hug my brothers and kiss my grandma!  I'm ready for football in the yard and Star Trek gaming in the living room and making Star Wars snowflakes!

I'm ready, Mr. Turkey!  Bring it on!!

Photobucket

No comments: