A lot has happened in the past month. To look at me, things would seem no different. Nothing shattering or damaging has happened. But things are shifting and are shifting very quickly.
- Disney World was fantastic. Time with my husband was wonderful and magical and fun. The time with my girlfriends at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom was crazy silly fun. I've got memories that are going to keep me happy for a very long time.
- Experience Conference was incredible. God used that time to reach into my heart and turn up the volume!
- I'm going through a job change at work - taking on a new role within my department. I have some exposure to it all but now I have to learn all the systems and reports and such. Thankfully, the person that was doing it did it very well, had it all very organized and is here to teach and train me - and is a very good teacher.
- Teagan has started taking Tae Kwon Do. I love it. Jeff loves it. Teagan loves it. Zach wants to do it but is intimidated so he is pretending like he hates having to go to her classes and watch. I see so much benefit for my girl and I wish it was in the budget (money as well as time) for me to take classes. It's incredibly empowering and rewarding!
- School is proving to be a challenge in some different ways this year. Both kids are showing signs of not doing their best effort and we need to figure out how to get them on track.
- My house is totally out of control. Again. We are trying to hire someone to take care of our lawn. And hire someone to finish the mini barn that Jeff started (the roof thing is a challenge because the building is way taller than anticipated).
- I went to the Gungor concert Sunday night with my friend Tiffany (who also went to Experience Conference). It was so energizing to my soul. I love his Christian mysticism type approach - tying God and faith in with an understanding of nature and the universe and our position in all of it.
Each of those may someday end up as blog posts. Because I could write tons more on each of them.
And then there are the Big Topics that sit on my heart. Things that I don't yet have words for. Things about God or love or church. Things about parenting or work ethic or marriage. Things that churn away in my heart and my brain and things that have color and life but the words simply don't come. Yet.
The bottom line is that I'm just not sure where I am and where I'm going these days. But I know I'm being led. I know that I'm on the right path. I'm just not sure what all to share, when to share, or what the words even are for any of it.