Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Happy New Year!

Back in January, lots of people set goals, resolutions, and even focus words for the year.

I didn't do any of it this year.

Well, not on purpose. I wrote a blog post about Being Loved. And that is certainly a focus.

But something has sparked a desire for change. I've been waiting. Seeking.

I want to eat healthier. I want to be consistently active. I want to be focused at work and excel in my job. I want to be a better wife, mom, friend. I want to have a slightly cleaned up or organized house.

All the things that most of us want, right?

Something has sparked a desire for change. I don't know what it is. I'm trying not to question it too much. I'm trying to just go with it.

I've been walking every day. Not very far. Not for a long time. Not 10,000 steps. But an intentional time spent walking. Around the block. Up and down hallways at work.

I'm wearing my Garmin vivofit again.

I'm drinking water more. Trying to drink soda less. It's a challenge.

I'm being mindful of my food. I'm not on a diet. I'm not counting calories or tracking my food. I'm just being aware of what I choose to eat.

I'm being more present with my kids. Focusing on their stories and what they share with me. Focusing on what they need and what they want.

I'm not perfect in any of these areas. Not by a long shot. But. The inspiration is starting to peek through again. That has to be a start, right?

It feels like a New Year. Like I'm turning a new leaf. Or maybe I'm coming out of my chrysalis. Starting to open my arms again. To embrace life and change and possibility again. Making myself vulnerable to failure. Making myself vulnerable to success.


Edited prior to publishing to add: It seems I'm now injured. There was a pop and then I couldn't immediately put weight on my right knee after a double roundhouse kick at tae kwon do last night. Ice, Aleve... and will most likely end up calling the doctor. But it means my walking streak comes to an end since walking is more limping and hobbling at this point. I'm frustrated and mad about it. But I'll get myself healed and get back to it.

sig jan 2014 photo owlsig.jpg

No comments: