Monday, January 25, 2010

Traveling Teddy

We had a special visitor this weekend. Traveling Teddy is a little stuffed bear that goes home with a different Yellow Room student each weekend. The parents and student take Teddy everywhere they go for the weekend and then journal about the events. Photos are encouraged.

In other words- blog it!

Here’s our entry- simulated here for your viewing pleasure:

TRAVELING TEDDY VISITS TEAGAN

1/23 – 1/24

We were so excited for Teddy’s visit! Teagan found a special place for Teddy to sleep- her dollhouse!

teddy1

First, we gave Teddy a bath. We followed the instructions on the tag on his leg. It was fun to give Teddy a bath!

teddy2

We played at home- doing puzzles and then we both put on headbands. It’s Pumpkinhead Teddy!

teddy3

CONNER PRAIRIE

Daddy and Teagan took Teddy to Conner Prairie to play! He enjoyed the dollhouse, gardening, and he even milked a cow!

teddy4

teddy5

teddy6

Teagan brought Teddy to her cousin Corbin’s basketball game. Our team won! Yay!

IMAG0006

On Sunday, Teddy sang at church with Teagan’s Mommy. We also took Teddy to the grocery store and he loved seeing so much honey by the peanut butter!

We also watched the COLTS GAME! Can you tell who my new friends are?

teddy7

Teagan Elmo Teddy Touchdown Monkey

********

2 pictures somehow got missed when I placed the print order- one of Teddy singing at church…

0124001202

And Teddy at the grocery store…

0123001749

That last picture should have tipped us off.

There are the… other pictures…

See, Friday night, we kept hearing strange noises. I woke up and swore I’d heard the fridge door open and close but… nothing. Jeff thought he heard something rustling around on the couch.

So we set up a motion detector camera and were shocked at what we found out about Traveling Teddy! I think he’s earned his name because he really gets around!! Fair warning- these images are NOT safe for children! Oh, the shame!

Teddy! A fight club? Really? Oh… Teddy…

teddybad1

And I am far too embarrassed to tell you about what I found on my laptop’s history… oh… Teddy…

teddybad3

And that fridge noise? He drank my wine! I don’t know what the legal age is for stuffed bears but I have to imagine this is NOT legal! Oh… Teddy…

teddybad2

And then… most horrifying… his wild night culminated into a brazen evening with a sweet honey… oh…. Teddy… For SHAME!

teddybad4

Fair warning to other parents who welcome Traveling Teddy into their home. Lock up your honey bears!! They aren’t safe with this party animal around!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

lol..cute/funny post:)Following through from Karen's World!

Lori said...

I checked the "like" button...because there's no "love it" button! I asked Teddy about his adventure...and he LIED to me about it. I told him there were photos on the INTERNET. First he claimed Photoshop...then he fessed up. He got a brain break and lost all his WOWs! Bad, bad Teddy.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

OMG, I am wondering who had more fun with Teddy? You or your daughter? So funny, thank you for the laugh this morning!!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

@Puanani503 Nice to meet you!! Glad you took the time to stop by!

@Lori I knew you'd enjoy this. That Teddy and his crazy antics!! (Lori is the Director/Owner of Teagan's school)

@Sue I had a BLAST with Teddy and my little project. I think Jeff thought I was a bit nutso but he got into the whole thing, too.

Anonymous said...

So funny and so much fun for you, I'm sure.
Teddy has an adult side. I hope he doesn't let it show when kids are around.
Thanks for the chuckles.

Garret said...

LOVE the post. You had fun with Teddy. Perhaps you should have worn a Teddy? I'm sure we can all think of things to do but that was awesome. I especially liked the fight club. At first I thought it was a poker game until I scrolled down and saw the rest of the photo.

I hope you had as much fun doing the photos as we had looking at them. Thanks for sharing!

Crazee Juls said...

Teddy's all sweet during the day, and then when night falls.... You just never really "know" Teddy's these days. HA HA HA. I cracked up! :) You're a trip!

Liz Mays said...

omg, you leave me breathless with laughter! I can't even take it!

Joy@TPMG said...

LOL. Too funny! I loved your post.

Lisa said...

You crack me up.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Haha, I love that Teddy got into a little trouble over at your place. What are you teaching these kids???

I actually have Teddy's cousin-- a slightly darker-skinned version of the same bear-- that my mom gave me a few Christmases ago, because the bears promoted adoption awareness. I'm looking at him (still nameless) right now!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Nancy C said...

You made my afternoon, you realize? That's awesome. That teddy...dirty, dirty bear.

The fight club? Brilliant!

Katherine said...

Stopping by from Karen's.

This is too funny. We just had the same thing with my son; it was his turn to take home their class mascot, "Sharkie," for the weekend. He was very excited about it beforehand, but decided that he was just too big to be carrying around a stuffed blue shark. Although he adamently denied this if I asked. We documented their adventures. Sharkie is a much tamer animal than Teddy.

Alison said...

I snuck a read of this at work this morning, but didn't have time to comment...besides, I was afraid HR would fire me for looking at those last ones! But I wanted to compliment you on your creativity...almost makes me want to have kids, now!

Actually, the one of Teddy at church is a very nice picture on its own.

Oh, and I was wondering at what age you plan on sharing this with Teagan!

nope said...

Now I'm hearing that bow-chicka-bow-bow music in my head.

Thanks for visiting and following today! I excited to see you mention Connor Prairie in this post; I'm a born and raised Hoosier now living in Ohio. But how 'bout those Colts, eh?!

michelle said...

Traveling Teddy has a dark side, huh?

At least he practices safe sex.

Very, very funny

Unknown said...

AWESOME blog, Liz! I love it. That was really funny...I kept laughing. We had a similar experience with a Flat Stanley that we took on vacation for a nephew about 15 years ago.

Again, GREAT hilarious blog...thanks for the laughs!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Oh my goodness. The fight club just about killed me! Hilarious!

And Teagan is so beautiful. Just wanted to say that.

Mary said...

I am being bad and reading at work. Thanks for making me guffaw, loudly! Thank the good Lord my door is closed...

Jen said...

these pictures are hilarious!!!! Oh Teddy.

hoteltuesday said...

"Sing, Sing, Sing"?! OMG, I sang that when I was in elementary school! And LOL at the computer history comment.

C. Beth said...

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!