Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Intolerance

Most of the time, I am pretty open to different attitudes and behaviors and ways of thinking. But today, I'm done. I've reached my limit and am calling off all efforts at understanding, peace keeping, and tolerance. I think that everyone has a limit. Some people have less tolerance and understanding. Some have a pretty high limit- I've always considered myself in that category. Today I woke up and I found a limit. The whining, the demanding, the questioning, the fighting, the arguing, the bossing. I'm done. I've instituted a No Tolerance policy in my home today. Whining, crying, fighting, and other such behaviors... you go to your bed. Period. No chances, no bargaining. I just can't take it today. Photobucket

8 comments:

Garret said...

So, how'd that work out for ya?

Kristi said...

I hear ya! I am the same way. Fighting, Crying, talking back automatically earns minutes in time out on the bed in my house. If it is even remotely close to bedtime, it results in being sent right to bed for the the night. Soooo tired of it!

Momza said...

Seriously! I've been there!
I even have a little sign in the house that says,
THOU SHALT NOT WHINE
I have whining, bickering...all of it grates on my nerves!

Jason, as himself said...

Somtimes you just have to lay down the law.

Katherine said...

Sometimes, it's the only way to do it. I feel you. Some days I can be patient. Some days, I just can't stand it.

Shell said...

Oh, I so have days like this!

MommyLovesStilettos said...

That's the rules in our house! You whine and cry, you go to your bed until you can calm down and TALK instead of whine/cry.

C. Beth said...

Ugh, the Funky Fairy was at our house yesterday too. Hope your day ended up being a good one.