Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vacation!

We are enjoying our vacation!! It was so very needed. We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's house yesterday. Spent the afternoon playing outside and just getting settled. Had dinner (Jeff and I are lightly) and got the kids settled. Getting Zach to bed was a nightmare... but he eventually settled down. He's apparently really attached to sleeping at home. Jeff and I went out for a late dinner with friends. 9:00 at a hibachi place. The friends- Katy and Philip. I've known Katy since high school. We try to get together from time to time- sometimes with kids and sometimes without. Last night was dinner without and we had a great time!! Lots of laughter, great food, non-stop chatting. We actually shut the restaurant down!! Then we stood in the parking lot for 90 minutes talking and talking... Today we spent the morning at the house- playing inside and out. It was nice to have someone make me breakfast and coffee. Then Grandma, Grandpa, Ted and Daniel (my teenage brothers) took the kids to Entertrainment Junction. Apparently, the entire family had the best time!! My kids had NO nap today. None. Not a wink. And had a fantastic time playing and climbing and sliding and having Uncle Daniel chase them around the playsets and eating pizza and hot dogs... just a perfectly awesome afternoon. Jeff and I missed it. We went on a date. Saw the new Transformers movie. It was ok. It was just nice to sit in the theatre with my hubby. Holding hands, sharing popcorn. Came back to the house, had dinner. We are now checked into a hotel (my folks are heading out of town tomorrow- and having a hotel room makes it more of a vacation, more closed off from the norm). Tomorrow we hit the Cincinnati Zoo (one of my fave zoos). Saturday is Coney Island with Katy and Philip and their 2 boys. And of course, there will be swimming in the hotel pool! We are staying in an Embassy Suites hotel and it is very pretty and comfortable. The kids are in a bedroom and we have a nice little living room to enjoy while they sleep. My kids discovered the hammock in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys are having a GREAT vacation! Enjoy yourselves! :)

♥ Braja said...

Lizdomness: finally I'm able to comment after 3 wks of not being able to!

Actually now that I think of it, there are many who won't be happy about that....
:)

Garret said...

The pictures are so cute!

Digital cameras are awesome. Imagine being cheap about 35mm film or having to wait to get a roll developed? Or even having to wait to fill a roll up?