Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Week Ahead

Today, I preach 2 services at church. Then I will enjoy lunch with my family. I hope to take a trip to Trader Joe's to get snacks for our little getaway coming up this week. Monday, we plan to meet up with a friend and her son to enjoy a picnic and some play time at a local splash park. Tuesday, we head to Spencer County for a little getaway. We will visit Lincoln's Boyhood Home and Living Historical Farm. We will tour the Lincoln Bicentennial Plaza and Amphitheatre at Lincoln State Park. We will visit local attractions in Santa Claus, Indiana like the Santa Claus Christmas Store, the Santa Claus Post Office and the Santa Claus Museum. Then we head to Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort to check into our rental RV! Dessert will be at Santa's Candy Castle. Wednesday is the big fun day- Holiday World & Splashin' Safari! Holiday World (all the dry stuff) opens at 9:30 so we will go and enjoy Holiday World in the morning and then hit the wet rides for the afternoon! I haven't been to Holiday World and really hope that it lives up to its reputation of one of the best family theme parks in the country. Free soft drinks, free sunscreen, family owned business. Clean, well laid out, never feels overcrowded even on a busy day. We drive home Wednesday night. (Our house will not be unattended while we are gone- we have a friend who stays at our house to take care of our dog.) Thursday and Friday, I'm being a "bad mom" and sending my kids back to daycare at Miss Lisa's and Little Explorers so I can clean my house. I did a great job on the kids' rooms when Teagan was sick so I know I can really get stuff done in those 2 days! Saturday, we have Teagan's last soccer practice / game (and trophies!). I'm also hoping there will be a trip to Conner Prairie to enjoy the Indiana Festival. Isn't it funny how a week of vacation can leave you more tired by the end than when it started? Photobucket

4 comments:

Kori said...

It sounds like a really great week, cleaning and all! have a good time.

Garret said...

Busy and fun! Can't wait to see all the photos.

Alison said...

I think in your shoes, I'd be looking forward most to the two days alone at home! Hope the amusement park is perfect. I bet you're preaching as I'm sitting here--let us know how it went!

Katherine said...

You sure have a lot planned. It sounds like so much fun.

I know what you mean about being more tired at the end (although even knowing this doesn't ever deter my excitement for vacation.) But it's made it so we always try to schedule our vacations so we have a day at home after them, to recoup.