Thursday, March 3, 2011

Eat Your Colors!

My motivator for getting back on my healthy eating track is all about eating my colors everyday. March is National Nutrition Month. The best way to make sure you are eating nutrient dense food is to eat stuff that grows and is colorful! Eating your colors is a great way to get in your 5-6 servings of fruits and veggies. And when you're focused on getting all that produce into your diet, there isn't as much room for junky stuff. Yesterday, I ate my colors. Today, I'm going to eat my colors and do the food photo journaling I've done before- so stay tuned today because I'll be sharing pics on the blog each time I eat! Eat your colors with me! Leave comments on this post or on picture posts or on my Facebook fan page about what colors you've eaten today (and, no, colorful candy does NOT count). On the Facebook page- you can share pics of what colorful foods you're eating! Happy colorful eating! Photobucket

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

Does the pink cereal I had count? (It was strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats.) ;) Actually I like this idea; I may participate today. Not including the cereal.

Rebecca said...

I ate beige/yellowish doughnut covered with brown chocolate and sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Oh, you silly girls!

In our church group kick off this week, someone mentioned the colors of M&M's as a way of eating your colors. Hahaha. But wait until you see what I share tomorrow about me and how I eat M&M's...

Karen M. Peterson said...

I ate some bright red strawberries tonight. And some beautiful purple blackberries. And green lettuce.

I never thought of it in terms of eating colors before, but I like that!