Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

Happy New Year!

At this time last year, I was putting together my training schedule and making all necessary plans for my Big Goal in 2011- completing a half marathon.  And I did accomplish that goal. 

I'm looking into 2012 and... I've got nothing.  I have no goals, no resolutions.  I've got ongoing changes and improvements.  Looking back at 2011 has shown me that my healthy living journey has really been a big roller coaster.  I did awesome and then I struggled and then did awesome and then struggled.  And I'm sure the pattern will continue in 2012.  All I can do is keeping trying, keep going back to it.

I don't have an event I want to complete in 2012. 

I want to see my daughter turn 7 in March, my son turn 5 in October.  I want to celebrate 9 years of marriage to my husband.  I want to continue to grow relationships with women in my church family.  I want my friendship with Christy to remain strong. 

There is a lot of change in 2012 for people I love and my hope is that my life just stays strong and normal so I can best be able to help my loved ones.

I like the idea of having a word to focus on for the year.  I can't say that I will commit to this word for the entire year.  So many things change and I like my ability to change with them.

A year ago, my job was exactly what I wanted it to be.  Within a few months, major changes happened and it blew up my world more than I could have anticipated.  Whatever word I'd chosen in January no longer applied by May.

I'm starting out my year with  "STEADY."

I need to stay steady.  I need things to remain the same and I will be working on making improvements from that steady state.

It's kinda boring, I know.  But I value life being boring, steady, normal, calm.  I've done chaos and I don't ever want to be in that place again. 

So I'm going to face 2012 and whatever it brings by staying steady.  There's a devotion in my Bible that talks about the story of Noah's Ark and how God held the ladder steady for Noah.  Noah still had to do the hard work and take the risks of being up on that ladder- but God held the ladder steady.  I like that.

Steady.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Steady is a great word for you this year, Liz! I hope that you have a wonderful 2012!

Nancy said...

I like your word as well. And you and I both know that God will always hold our ladders for us when things around get hard. Here's to a wonderfully steady 2012!!

Garret said...

Happy New Year!

Amy said...

My late mother-in-law used to advocate being a "boring" parent. Let things ride. Don't rush in to fix things. Let the kids figure stuff out for themselves. But be there. Be, in other words, steady. Wishing you the same.