Friday, January 27, 2012

It's Been So Long Since I Fragmented

Mommy's Idea

Holy wow... it has been ages since I've done Friday Fragments!  If you're new around here and popping over thanks to the lovely meme of the even lovelier Mrs4444, welcome!  If you're on of my regulars- I already love you.

*~*~*~*~*

Earlier this week, I did something I rarely do.  I wore a skirt and tights to work.  I wore the skrit because I couldn't find clean pants in the laundry.  My typical wardrobe is khaki type pants (I have 2 pair in black, 1 in tan, 1 in khaki and Friday is jeans day) and a sweater or button and collar shirt, maybe a scarf thrown in for fun.  So me in a skirt and low heels and tights was a Big Deal.  The only problem is this skirt is one I bought at Goodwill and it's a size 14W and is at least 1 size too big so it felt kinda awkward and lumpy all day.  And it has this weird hook and eye thing that's been poking me all day.  And the tights feel weird.  I think I'll stick to my pants.

*~*~*~*~*

Buttons.  Buttons is continuing to do well.  We adore her.  She is still learning out house rules- like "Dogs do not snatch food from the hands of people, especially children."  Most of the time, we just enjoy her silliness when she shares it and her laziness all the rest of the time.  She is a very smart dog and very laid back in her old age.  We are blessed to have her in our family.  I love the way my kids have taken to her and the way she so kindly tolerate my kids.  I love the way she and Sassy have become little old lady BFFs as they snuggle up in blankets and on pillows together.  And I love giving her snuggles and having her lay on my cold feet on the couch.  I need to get my battery charged up and take some time to get pics of her with my good camera.  Here's a couple of shots of my kids and our dogs at bedtime last week- these kids are desperate to have dogs that will sleep with them at night.




*~*~*~*~*

My city has Super Bowl Fever.  I want to get excited about it, I really do.  Towns in the counties surrounding Indianapolis are having special events.  The downtown area has all kinds of Big Deal NFL things going on.  I'm happy about the money coming into the city when all the tourists attack on Super Bowl Weekend.  But I just don't really care.  I'm glad others are excited and I support the people who are volunteering or working the Big Game and other events.  Just please don't ask me to get excited- especially when the Big Game includes a team that's Enemy #1 of our own home team!

*~*~*~*~*

My current TV obsession?  I'm watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix.  It's a fantastic show.  My only complaint is that watching it one episode after another means I really pick up on the lack of continuity- especially season 3.  I'm on the fourth episode of the season and am realizing that I've yet to see Jason Street.  Season 2 ended without really ending and season 3 picked up trying to give a wrap up from season 2 and kick off the next season at the same time.  But I'm really into the characters and all so I'm sticking with it until the end.

*~*~*~*~*

What fragments do you need to let loose this week? 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Diane said...

I'm a Dachshund freak so I know how much they LOVE food, no matter whose it is! Feisty little doggies.

Happy Friday! :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy Indy has the Super Bowl...but it's kinda driving me nuts. The other day one of the news stations declared there was "BREAKING NEWS"--which turned out to be that the giant Roman numerals had been successfully installed. Oooookay. But hey, I will take annoying yet upbeat Super Bowl "breaking news" over the usual murder/robbery/etc. type of breaking news.

Tami said...

My son is a huge Bronco's fan (I haven't no idea why because we live in Pennsylvania) and was devastated that his team didn't make it to the Superbowl. That will not deter him from watching Superbowl Sunday. We always through a party, no matter what teams play!

Unknown said...

We got a puppy in May because my kids wanted a dog So Bad. After about three seconds of petting they are done with her. Who gets to feed/clean up after/reprimand the dog?

Me.

Who didn't really want a dog...

That said she will (obsessively) follow me around all day, lick my face when I'm feeling blue, and has yet to learn to talk back.

Maybe this WILL work out after all.

Happy Friday!

Alison said...

Could there be anything cuter than kid & pup pictures? I think not!

A friend posted a picture on Facebook of the giant roman numerals...crazy, man. I've never been into football nearly enough to match my surroundings, but I like the Superbowl in a social-event kinda way. I even know enough about the game to follow it, but its usually the only game I watch all year. (And partially b/c I enjoy the commercials, too.)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Awwwwww, what a wonderful addition Buttons is gonna be to your family, the pictures are just priceless.

Enjoyed the frags...love the Mrs. 4444's.

God bless and have a magnificent weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Everyone should have a dog. Old dogs are nice, as most times they are more relaxed with children.

Garret said...

What's the SuperBowl? If it's filled with popcorn, count me in.