Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Workout Post

Might as well get used to it. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'll be posting our workout info from that lunch hour's boot camp routine. It's the best way to remember it! We did this routine 3 times. Click on the exercise to go to a site that describes it well and gives other ideas. Burpees - 30 sec. Mountain Climbers - 30 sec. Air Squats - 30 sec. Run in Place - 1 min. Wood Chops - 30 sec. (We did ours with a medicine ball- the link has some other great exercises, too) Med. Ball Tricep Press - 30 sec. (This website calls it the "Overhead Tricep Extension" and does it seated. We did it standing. Cuz we're all tough and stuff.) Run in Place - 1 min.
After 3 rounds... The Grand Finale...
2 minutes- Air Angels. I'm not finding anything online so they must have a different name. But you stand in place and take your arms over head, touch fingers, pull arms back down... oh forget it... here's pics of me "demonstrating." (sorry they are blurry- camera phone, I didn't take them, etc)
Arms up, touch fingertips:
Pull arms down so elbows are perpendicular to ground. Repeat. Many times, as fast as you can. I dare you.
And this is how I felt after the workout, after the shower...

4 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

I'm sore just reading your post. Gosh, that's a lot of work for a lunch break. Are you enjoying it at all, or is that a stupid question?

Mary Ellen said...

I might just try to play along - I could certainly use some working out!

Alison said...

I skipped all the workout description and enjoyed the pictures instead. You're a trip, girl! Go, you!

Boozy Tooth said...

Hey Popeye, you are looking fierce! Just came back to let you know!