Friday, September 10, 2010

Insert Fun Title Here

I'm drained today. I'm going with fragments because it suits my brain at the moment.

Mommy's Idea

I was heading to church last night for a group meet up. My church does this thing called "Face Out Groups." It's like Bible Study but not sitting around a table reading the Bible or getting preached at. Different groups are formed by anyone interested in leading one and the focus of study or purpose is unique to each group. I'm leading one (mt first time ever) that I've named Walk By Faith. We met at 8:00, read some Bible verses I'd selected, shared some questions for possible discussion, and then we walked for 30 minutes. There was some confusion on start date and time so there were only 3 of us last night. But it went well and I'm looking forward to this weekly group meeting. I've got 7 weeks planned out and will have more soon! ***** My period decided to be 2 days late this month. I was mildly panicked about it. Guess it's time to visit the OB and check out the more permanent solutions since we feel our family is full. Anyone have that Essure thing done? ***** On my way to church, I totally rocked out to Violent Femmes "Blister In The Sun." It came on the radio and I had my minivan windows down and was drumming all over the steering wheel. I'm sure I looked uber-cool, too. But it inspired me to get back in touch with my younger days music and today, I'm surviving work thanks to the Femmes and The Pogues and Indigo Girls. ***** I have to travel for work next week. Is anyone interested in guest blogging for me? You don't have to have a blog to guest post!! In fact, it would be a great way to just do a little writing with no pressure to do more... e-mail me if you'd like to post. You can e-mail your post to me by Monday night and I'll set up auto posting. I'd like at least 3 guest posts but would be thrilled to have more than that!! If you are one of my regular commenters or if you think guest posting here could help cross promote your blog or if you have read something I've written and want to write something inspired by or refuting it... you get the idea! ***** Birthday party season is upon us. Teagan has a party to attend this weekend and next weekend. One thing I like about birthday parties is helping Teagan pick out a gift for her friend. At first, it felt overwhelming and frustrating to try and pick a gift when I don't know these kids. Then it dawned on me- ask Teagan! But with an open question like "What do you want to get so-and-so?" she was overwhelmed, too. So I figured out how to help her choose a good gift. I ask her "What center does so-and-so most like to play in?" (They do "centers" in the classrooms- home living, math, science, reading, etc.) That gets her thinking about times she has had a center with that child or what center they get most excited about going to. From there, we can easily figure out what section of the toy or book department to visit. ***** I'm thinking a lot about Hallie and her family today. Today is World Suicide Prevention Day. I know too many people who have either attempted suicide, thought about suicide, or lost someone to suicide. I'm taking time throughout the day to pray for those impacted by suicide. If you would like to be added to my prayer list, please let me know. ***** Is anyone connected to children's choir? I lead our children's choir at church and am so not hugely experienced. I enjoy it and we have fun but I really want to grow the program and am looking for resources to help me. ***** Alright- wow me with your weekend plans!! Photobucket

6 comments:

won said...

I think about Hallie and her family everyday. This day must have even extra significance.

Thank you for mentioning it. I'll be sure to go by and support her.

Doreen McGettigan said...

My husband lost his 17 year old son to suicide. We do a walk in October to raise money for awareness.
I bought the book "having a Mary heart in a Martha world' to participate in an online group. At church this past week the bulletin advertised one starting. I'm wondering if I should do both...

Bill Lisleman said...

Indigo Girls - This mention made me go into Itunes and crank up Galileo. I love the lyrics of that song.

Is that guest blog open to anyone? It would be interesting.

Garret said...

Travel for work? I hope it's fun for ya! I'm commenting from work - we're slow. :-)

Kristin - The Goat said...

2 days late, huh? Those two days can be very long ones! Glad it worked out for you :)

Amy said...

I'll do a guest post for you. I even have one in mind, Liz-style!