Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Yes! That Would Be Nice!

There are no gift giving occassions afoot.  However, it struck me today that there are a few things I wouldn't mind having if we had the money for them right now.

A Bissell Spotbot.  I'm not overly concerned that it be this pet version.  I'd just really like something that can clean up the spots left by my aging poodle and by my messy kids.  I've got random spots on my floor and would love it if I could set this contraption down and have those stains and messes be gone!  Runs around $130.
I'd also like to renew my membership to Conner Prairie.  Family membership is $70, the place is near our house, the kids always have a great time, and there is a great indoor play space for rainy days! 


Shoes.  I wish I could find shoes that I really love.  What I need are a good pair of easy to slip on and off work shoes- a pair in black and a pair in brown.  And I'd love a pair of fun casual shoes that are easy to slip on and run around in.  So maybe I'll get a chance to try on some of these Crocs someday... but I'm not usually one to spend $30-$50 on shoes.



Oh! And I think I need a new swimsuit this year.  What I have now is my old maternity suit and the top gets very floaty in the water.  I'm a traditional one piece kind of a mom.  I hear good things about the suits at Lands' End. But I can't fathom spending up to $100 on a swimsuit so I'll probably just hit Meijer and try a bunch of suits on and see what works best.  But if money was no object...


And something I do plan to pick up one of these days- The Hunger Games.  Or even just the entire series.  I haven't heard any criticism of these books from anyone who has read them.


How about you?  What are some things on your wish list?  If you had some fun money to just go out and spend on anything... what would you treat yourself to?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Garret said...

I have a lot on my list. Oddly, most are medical things. Doctor for this or that. Bleaching teeth. Things like that.

mimbles said...

I didn't love The Hunger Games, liked yes, but not love and consequently haven't read the rest of the series. Might get around to it one day.

Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, on the other hand, I devoured in quick succession. I'm now reading Liar by Justine Larbalestier and it's also fantastic. I'm on a bit of a YA fiction spree at the moment.

(Yes, my fun money gets spent on books.)

Call Me Cate said...

I'm not really sure what I'd treat myself to right now. Probably books, perhaps some music. I'd enjoy a shopping spree in some sort of organization store more than I care to admit.

Also, a word on the spotbot. We have one, and with our pukey-kitty, I don't know what I'd do without it. However, at least before we replaced our old yucky carpets, we learned quickly that actually using the "sit it down and let it scrub" mechanism does a great job - and leaves a huge blindingly perfect circle of clean carpet surrounded by the old dingier carpet. It drove me crazy because even right after cleaning the carpets, they were never as bright as that one little patch. The hose attachment is great though!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Those are all great things. I really want a pair of crocs.

If I could indulge in one thing right now, it would be a fabulous pair of jeans.

Katherine said...

There are so many things on my list. A Dyson vacuum, a great swim suit, and a fabulous purse.

I used to spend so much money on books, but now I'm a really big fan of the library. That's how I read Hunger Games - and I strongly recommend them. They are maybe my favorite books of all time!

C. Beth said...

If you are interested in Lands End, sign up for their emails. I got some clearance stuff from them recently so now I automatically get their emails. They have some decent sales, so you wouldn't have to spend $100.