Friday, November 4, 2011

Promo Day!

I've had a lot of promos hit my inbox lately.  Generally speaking, it's just a press release or something.  But sometimes there are fun things, too.  Or interesting things that I think are worth sharing.

***

MyOwnPet Balloons to benefit Canines for Disabled Kids.  I am seriously thinking of ordering these for my kids.  It's a pet but it's a balloon so no puke, no feeding, no peeing on the carpet.  You can leave it home alone for the weekend.  And by ordering through this link, $5 of each purchase is donated to Canines for Disabled Kids- which sounds like a great organization:  Canines for Disabled Kids (CDK) began in 1998 as an offshoot of the NEADS Dog for Deaf and Disabled American’s training program. Very few assistance dog programs are willing to provide trained assistance dogs for children under age 12. CDK saw a need and worked to filled it. It was possible to train dogs to help autistic children, children with hearing impairments, and other disabled children in the classrooms.


***

Sweet is a lesbian travel agency that aims to make the world a better place.  It's travel with mission work included.  Check out the segment from PBS' IN THE LIFE and be inspired!  Sweet is a lesbian travel company with a twist. Merging the best of lesbian travel with social and environmental awareness, Sweet aims to make the world a better place while having a blast in it. All of Sweet’s vacations are carbon neutral, meaning they offset the pollution created by their air, land and sea travel. They traveling to amazing places (Belize, Mexico, Italy) with the very best lesbian entertainers and extravagant parties, while also supporting their guests’ personal enrichment, raising money for worthwhile causes and doing meaningful projects all over the world.  I would totally go gay for this company.  But since I can't, I'll just help spread the news.  What I also love is that the company LIVES the values they sell.  The trips planned are eco-responsible, and the company as a workplace offers a fantastic work environment to its employees. 

***

Finally, this is one I wasn't contacted about but learned about through Baise Communications.  There is a remarkable young woman in Canada who saw a problem and has taken action to try and make the world a better place.  This really touched my heart!  The Ladybug Foundation was started by Hannah Taylor in 2004 when she was just 8 years old and was actually inspired to find a way to make an impact on homelessness when she was just 5 years old and saw a homeless man digging through a dumpster on a cold winter's day. 


***

So just a few things to check out and things I think are worth promoting!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Nej said...

"I would totally go gay for this company."

You crack me up!!!! :-) :-)

Rebecca said...

The MyOwnPet Balloons reminds me of when my son had his HUGE surgery this spring and while he was in the hospital someone gave him a Dinosaur Balloon that was on a leash and everything and it followed him. Brought so many smiles to his face. I loved that thing. We named him Peanut.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick plug for ICAN - Indiana Canine Assistance Network. They train service dogs, in Indiana Prisons with their primary goal of placing the dog with a child with a disability. Some dogs do go with adults or teens but they really try to service the kids first. Get programs - ICAN or Canines for Disabled kids...but wanted to let you know there is a local group that is providing this service. But no cute balloons.

C. Beth said...

I automatically delete all those promo things that come into my email box. You are a better blogger than I. ;-)

Garret said...

I rarely get promo emails. When I do, I'm scared thinking it's a scam or something.