Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WW: Week 4

So much has happened in the past week in regards to fitness and healthy living and Weight Watchers.

First and foremost, my weight maintained.  No loss, no gain.  OK by me.  Especially considering how the week went.

1. My period started about 1 week earlier than expected.  Never ever ever Never ever EVER weigh in when the cycle is present.  Automatic gain of 5 pounds if you do.  This one was brutal in that my desire to eat was insane.  And I gave in to that desire more than I care to admit.

2.  Budget crunch last week.  Money was tight so when I ran out of my fresh fruits and veggies and my standard "keep at my desk" foods, I was stuck.  And my emotional response to any kind of feeling stuck in regards to food is to cram whatever food I find into my face.  When there are gingerbread marshmallows lying around, that's a very dangerous combination.

3. The start of that stupid womanly cycle also meant a few less days of exercise.  Just trust me on that one.

4. By the end of the week, I had 2 days that really focused on activity and exercise.  It didn't make up for the entire week behind me but it was a good start to springboard from for the week ahead.

On Saturday, I had my initial Wellness Coach appointment at the YMCA.  I met with Diane for an hour.  We talked about my healthy living history, we talked about my goals, we talked about a lot of things.  Through a string of circumstances and moments, I got to meet Samantha and figured out that Diane and I had been in the same Virtual Running Club until I cleaned myself out of almost all my Facebook groups recently (I have since rejoined the VRC since I do plan to start running again).  It was a good visit that helped me figure out where I am and where I want to be in 6 months.  I see Diane again in 2 weeks and will be given a run down on using the FitLinx system for strength training.

On Sunday, I opted to try a new group class.  Last weekend, it was water aerobics.  This weekend, "Interval Training."  I had no clue what I was in for but I am challenging myself to try new things this month so I sucked up my nerves and went.

It about killed me.

About 40 minutes into it, after I'd already had to stand still for several of the exercises because my body just refused to move, we went into push ups using the step to create an incline.  I had to modify my push ups.  OK, not that big of a deal.  I know I'm not in the shape I was in a year ago.  But then I was struggling to even complete the push ups or keep going with them.  And I almost had a total break down in the middle of this crowded classroom.  I truly had to fight back tears of frustration.

I quickly got past my pity party and realized that if I stick with my healthy eating, continue to drop the weight, and keep going back to this very class, I will be a lot stronger and healthier and will see vast improvement in my ability by the end of this month.  So that's my bonus challenge.  I'm going to keep trying new things (I will be writing about that experience on FitCity at the end of March) but I also want to use this interval training class as a marker of where I started and where I can get to when I work at it.

How was your healthy week?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Those darned cycles really do throw us all off track. I hope this week is better for you!