Friday, March 23, 2012

Fragalicious!

Mommy's Idea


I am looking for a few guest bloggers.  I'd like to have 5 lined up for the days around Easter.  Drop me an e-mail or connect with me on Facebook and we'll work something out.  Thanks!

*****

Remember me telling you about the pain in my mom community because one of our moms had very unexpectedly lost her almost 4 year old to a virus?   We are taking up a collection specifically to help with buying groceries and meals.  It's tough for individuals to pick up a restaurant meal for a large family.  Plus, this family lives a little further out from the city so coordinating delivery can be tough.  So we are seeking donations so a gift card can be purchased or so someone who can purchase meals will be able to do so with donated group funds.  If you're interested in making a donation, contact me.

*****

We had dinner out on Monday evening in a place located in a little strip of shops.  A family had come in- woman and man drove separately, woman had 2 very small children with her.  They get their food to go and get the kids back in her car and then the man and woman proceed to engage in a looooooong and close embrace.... and then some smooching.  We were totally gawking from our "front row seat" in the restaurant.  Teagan said it best, "They must love each other! A LOT!"

*****

I used to keep a message board- back before I really knew much about blogging and bloggers and Facebook and social media.  My intention was to keep in touch with friends and family in one central location as Jeff and I went through pregnancy and parenthood.  I was already very familiar with message boards and participated on several so it was an easy thing to do.  It was basically a journal and focused on what we were doing at that point in time.  I have no way of taking that Proboard and saving it so I am working on copying and pasting the "important" posts to this blog.  I started blogging in Sept of 2008 but my dates in the sidebar now go back into 2007.

*****

You might remember last year when I got to hang out with a bunch of teen girls from my church for the Revolve Tour.  This weekend, the Tour is here in our city and I get to tag along again- and I can't tell you how much it thrills me that the girls who went last year have expressed to random other adults how much they wanted me along again this time! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kori said...

What a sweet thing to have witnessed at the restaurant; there is so little love sometimes.

Alison said...

That message board project sounds time-consuming--but fun! Must be entertaining to see what you all were talking about 5 years ago.