Monday, February 16, 2009

The Girls Are Gone. For Good.

My boobs have died. Since getting pregnant in 2004, I was able to enjoy, for the first time in my life, great breasts. I filled out my bra and even had to go up a cup size. Jeff was thrilled, of course. And I have to admit that I got used to seeing larger, fuller breasts in the mirror. I was fascinated with how they could change. Some days, the right side would be hugely full of milk, definitely outsizing and outweighing the left. Some days, they would start out the same and one would grow larger than the other by the end of the day. Engorgement, while painful, makes boobs look like they have implants. I'm approaching the 2 week mark since Zach last nursed. He has weaned. Completely. Over the past 2 weeks, I've had some fullness and a few plugged ducts. Thankfully, Jeff is rather gifted in this area and was able to help release the ducts and ease the pain. And now it is finished. The fullness is gone. The plugged ducts are gone. The girls are gone. I'm back to little tiny, not much there. And now they are... deflated. Empty. Saggy. I don't mean to sound sad about it. I'm not. Just observational. And trying to imagine how I will manage the new morning routine of squishing and smooshing the flabby bits of flesh into my bra so I can at least fake like I still have some cleavage.

11 comments:

Chris said...

I'm sorry for your loss but there is good news. You won the Worth a Thousand Words Contest. Congratulations!

Joanie said...

Join the club, Liz. Mine died after Dani was born. Now they just look sadly at the floor.

But the good news I see is you've won a contest! Who knew saggy boobs would be a winner! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Sorry Jeff...

And you too Liz!

Anonymous said...

I know, deflated boobies are the pits and they never really look the same. My boobs used to be my best feature, now they have a conversation with my waist. :(

Garret said...

Mine are OK.... but small. Really, really small.

Garret

Mary Ellen said...

They're doing amazing things with bra's these days. Really. It might take a bit of searching, but you'll find just the right one to make your smaller girls look fabulous!

mimbles said...

I can't actually remember what my boobs looked like pre-kids, I guess I just got used to how they are now. Which, incidentally, I'm perfectly happy with.

I do remember that engorged implantesque thing though, ouch! and fascinating at the same time.

Jackie E. said...

This post it toooo funny! So sorry to hear about your "loss":) Well at least you had some time to enjoy the girls! Being a track athlete, I can't really relate to all that talk about fullness - mine seem to be filled on the derriere end of things:) Oh well, I wonder if when I'm done running, my girls back there are gonna deflate too? Hmmm.....

Amy said...

Don't think of it as losing your girls. Think of it as gaining room in your dresser -- go burn the bras!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Jackie, if I lost my booty, I'd be seriously sad then! It's an area I actually enjoy having a bit too much of!

Amy, the sad thing is that I currently own ONE bra. And it's a nursing bra. I've been living in camisoles for the past 5 years!! Time to invest in new undergarments!

Jason, as himself said...

I'd say as long as you're not tripping over them, then you're in good shape!