Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 21: Love is satisfied in God

Daily Read

The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire. Isaiah 58:11

Before I get into the reading, I feel like I need to say a few things.

My relationship with God is strong. He is very much a part of my daily life. I know my purpose for Him.

My husband doesn't know God the way I do. I pray about that a lot. But I know that it has to happen in its own time.

That's part of why I don't love these last few days. I don't like a book that tells my husband that he can't fully love me because he doesn't hold God in his heart.

He finds that pretty insulting, too. And it turns him off from the Dare and it turns him off from a relationship with God.

I think that anytime you tell someone something that sounds like an ultimatum... it's a turn off.

So while I understand that love deepens with God, that God's greatest gift is love, that I need Him as a very important part of my life... my husband isn't there yet and I don't see the value in cheapening the love he feels for me by telling him it isn't real enough because his faith isn't there yet.

So for these days that focus on spirituality, I will focus only on myself.

***

Bottom line for today's read is that God can supply you with everything you need to be your whole self.

Today's Dare

Pray, read your Bible. Read a chapter in Proverbs or one of the Gospels.

Reflections

"How do you think spending time daily with God will change your situation and perspective? How can you make Him a bigger part of your day?"

I talk to God throughout the day. I pray many times a day. My relationship with Him is important and is strong and is full of love and wonder. I don't read my Bible enough and would like to get into the habit of doing so more often.

No comments: