Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BLOG AWARDS!

My friend Lisa has graced me with a blog award!! I love these things!! It seriously lifts my spirits, makes my day when someone thinks of me with one of these "awards." I got a little confused because there are 2 different graphics to display. So I am going to totally shake things up and expand on the second one... make it my own and then spread the love... OK? First... The rules: 1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom! I have a shorter fuse than I'd like to admit. I'm working on it constantly. As long as I'm in the right mindframe, it's all good and I don't yell or snap. But sometimes, it just seems to be unstoppable. It's totally my choice to act on that irritation or anger. But when I look back on the situation, I just feel guilty. 2) To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock! 1. I'm mostly a fun mom. I come up with ideas of fun and interesting things to do. 2. I make good food and keep our house well stocked with snacks- even healthy ones! 3. I can't possibly start listing the things I love about each of my kids. Because the list is never ending. But the main thing is that having children has introduced me to a new level of love- one that I never knew existed until I held my firstborn's tiny little hand just a moment after she was born. 4. A really cool thing about having kids is getting to do kid things. Sesame Place, Children's Museum, the Zoo... heck, even watching cartoons and coloring and invading the children's section of the library! 5. I love little tiny clothes. I love Teagan's dresses and shoes and jeans and t-shirts. I love Zach's overalls and socks and onesies. Little kid clothing is just adorable. 6. My marriage has changed. I guess for some people, having kids changes a marriage in a bad way. Because maybe those couples forget to take care of each other. But I feel like having kids has really added an awesome dimension to our marriage. And that we are often stronger for it. 7. One more thing I love about my kids... all of their little body parts. Sparkling eyes, small little hands, ticklish thighs, baby toes, strong little legs, downy soft hair, the soft nape of the neck, arms that hug. I am passing on the Mom of the Year Award to: ArtsyMom Half Past Kissin' Time The Jason Show Shrinking Yoda Fourth Frog The Mom Experience C. Beth Blog Ca-Joh Andrew Scott Turner Everyday Alice (A few of the above aren't "moms" but they are awesome dads so that counts, right?) Second... The Sisterhood Award. I went and looked online to see what other recipients of the Sisterhood Award of said and what the rules are... but they sucked, frankly. Totally boring. Just list 10 bloggers you follow... blah. I even went and found the blog of the blogger who created the award- Diana Rambles. Luckily, I've seen the movie (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) so I get the inspiration and intent. So I'm totally revamping it and starting fresh!

First, share memories or thoughts of childhood or adulthood sister-friends. Funny, sad, whatever.

1. My daily drives to and from work with Christy. We enjoy spending time at my house, going out to dinner, at the gym, hanging out with theatre friends. But some of the best laughs come on the drive home from work. We can get absolutely hysterical at ourselves. We should do a podcast or something.

2. College. Jim. "Ooooh! I forgot my baaag!" Not funny to anyone but me and him, but still.

3. My wedding. Jim and Christy were there. 2 people who have proven friendship to me countless times in a variety of ways.

4. Sitting in a backyard in CT, watching Teagan play with a little friend who was born just 3 days before her. Her mom and I are thrilled to have this visiting time together- a rare occurence for people who live states apart. I'm getting to meet the man she's going to marry, she's getting to meet my son. We are "internet" friends. We met online and real and powerful friendship grew.

Second, pass the award on to however many bloggers you'd like to share this with- but make sure you share this award specifically with bloggers that you feel a kinship with. Bloggers you learn from or feel that you teach, bloggers you've connected with in a really familiar and friendly way.

Adopting M.E.

CASA HICE

Joanie's Random Ramblings

Mim's Muddle

My 2 Sense

Bitchin' Wives Club

5th Time's the Charm

Lilly's Life

RVing (for Garret- whenever he gets back)

13 comments:

yodaobi said...

AAAH
Lully, Thanks babe

I'll get on to this when I have finished teaching for the day

Quite a big busy one for me today.

EM

Joanie said...

Why thank you, Liz! I'm really touched!

Jackie E. said...

Thanks soooo mcuh Liz! I feel honored:)

Let me think about my best sister-friends or brother-friends...

1. My best sister-friend and business partner Peggy - we went to college together, we've grown together, we share a business together and she holds me down at all times!!

2. My best brother-"friend" who I've loved talking to or BBM-ing with all the time. He's taught me so much about being confident and being diligent, both of which he has in abundance. We've covered everything from life, to track, to his dreams and mine and he is definitely the one person I wish I saw more of...hopefully that'll happen sooner than later:)

3. ANother one of my best brother-friends is married. He wants nothing more from me than friendship and always remembers to brighten my day. Love him.

4. All my track girlfriends. We support each other, we love each other and definitely understand one another. It's such an awesome sisterhood to be a part of.

Boozy Tooth said...

Gosh Liz, what a blessing to receive another award from you!! You bestowed me with my first, and now I graciously accept the Sisterhood Award. Fitting, expecially since I feel very much tied in sisterhood to you. Thank you so much for thinking me worthy, and for just being an all around cool sisterfriend.

Boozy Tooth said...

PS: I love, love, love that you gave a Sisterhood Award to Garret. He SO deserves it!

(I miss him like crazy, don't you?)

Alison said...

Dangit, Liz, you're like number one on my list of blogs I could award that sisterhood one to. *sigh*

Oh, wait, that wasn't very gracious, was it? Um...thank you very much; I'm glad you feel that connection too! (is that better?)

Oh, and as for your Mom award...#4 on your list? You totally don't need kids for that. Trust me. :D

C. Beth said...

Thanks, Liz!!! :-D

yodaobi said...

ALSO
Totally agree with your list esp their wee clothes!
I got quite sad when buying size 3clothes recently for Liam.

He's getting so grown up.
=0(
Wasn't the same

Alice said...

Thanks Liz! I've never received a blog award, you made my day!

mimbles said...

Thank you Liz :)

Amy W said...

Thank you so much, Liz!!!! I am totally down with this and will put up my post as soon as I can! The sisterhood on the web is nothing to be trifled with and I am honored you'd pick me for this one! :)))

Kristi said...

Thanks, Liz for the very kind award! How do I go about doing this? On my blog? Am I supposed to put a button on my blog as well? Help me = I'm new at this stuff!

Mrs4444 said...

What are you trying to say? How do you know I'm not the PERFECT mother? (Have you been window peeking?!) Thanks, but I can't accept until you present your SHT. Confused? email me... mrs4444 a t new.rr.com