Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday. Fragments. Feelin' Good.

Go visit the delightful Mrs4444! Go visit the Girl Next Door!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's Friday Fragment Time! It's Friday Fragment Time! Mrs4444 says howdy do- Says Howdy Do to you! So give a rousing cheer! Cause Feel Good Friday's here! Come read my blog you know Let's start the show! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ My week has been a bit crazy. Highs and stress and a couple lows. I kept thinking of Fragments but now that I sit down to write... they're gone. Ooops. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ I'm leaning very strongly towards getting a Palm Pre Plus for my next phone. I will most likely be waiting until Mother's Day at the earliest, my birthday at the latest (August). It's funny- I've had my EnV Touch for less than a year and I've already outgrown it. Makes me wonder how quickly I'll outgrow the Palm Pre Plus. Given all the accessibility it offers and that I've been using with this test phone... I think I'll be good with it for a while. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This is my brother, Daniel. He's a junior in high school. I think he's a little weird in his eating habits... notice what he's dipping into that salsa?

(Click to biggify)

It's a saltine. All the chips got eaten- most likely by him- so the only option was a saltine. I have to admit that I tried it. It wasn't horrible. But I'm not rushing out to stock up on saltines and salsa!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you "fan" me on Facebook (link over in the sidebar), you get additional Lizdom throughout the week! I share more day to day stuff, pics, and so on. It's been fun and there are some readers that I've been connecting with on a more personal level because I can use Facebook to network instead of just putting out my daily post and hoping someone reads it and comments... it's also a great place to suggest topics or start a discussion!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My official Feel Good Fragment:

I'm dedicating this one to my friend Ashli. I met Ashli and her family at church. Her daughter is 3, her son is 6. Her husband is a teacher and coach. Ashli is the reason I joined Music Team. I mentioned to her that I had been thinking about joining at some point in the future... she put a bug in Pastor Jennifer's ear and suddenly, I was joining Music Team. But that isn't the reason I joined. I joined because of Ashli's passion. When she is with Music Team, leading worship... you see her passion... she puts her entire self into it. At first, it was awkward for me. I come from a background where you don't demonstrate what you are feeling in church. I didn't grow up in a church where people raised hands up in worship or cried during prayers or songs. And my church home now isn't a hugely demonstrative congregation. But I've followed Ashli's lead. I let those barriers down. I stepped out of my comfort zone and got up with the Team and I hold my microphone and I dance and sway and raise my open hands to God as the Spirit moves me.

In the past weeks, Ashli has been so supportive of me. She leaves me positive comments and notes about my running, my weight loss. She is free and expressive with her words. She is encouraging. Her faith and compassion shine through in her interactions with others. Knowing Ashli and calling her my friend definitely Feels Good!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weekend plans? As I write this on Thursday evening, a big part of my plans are up in the air. Jeff was supposed to go out of town today for a gaming weekend with a group of guys. Work interfered and he wasn't able to go with his friend today. If he can get a computer rebuilt on Friday and up and running, he can head out tomorrow. If he doesn't get it done, he's stuck at home for the weekend. However, whether he is home or not, our weekend may include:

- a visit to Conner Prairie

- going to see "How to Train Your Dragon"

- baking with the kids (maybe muffins, maybe cookies)

- church and children's choir on Sunday (and Ashli's husband is giving the sermon!)

What are you doing this weekend? ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Photobucket

12 comments:

5 Kids With Disabilities said...

Go to see How to Train Your Dragon. It was cute!!!
Lindsey Petersen

Anonymous said...

Salsa goes with everything!!

Alison said...

I second it--make sure How to Train Your Dragon in 3D makes it into your plans. You will not regret it!! (Jeff might, if he doesn't go with you!)

Anonymous said...

I love people who "shine" it totally rubs off.

Tomorrow I am taking Emily shopping for Spring clothes and lunch just the two os us and we are SO excited!!!

Watching Harry Potter and yardwork and if I don't get to Fudruckers (a restaurant) this weekend I will be sad :-( I have been craving their burger all week long! They have a cheese pump, yes, you heard me - a cheese pump. It pumps melted cheese onto whatever you choose.

I haven't been there for a year and I need to pump!!!

Bridgette said...

Imagine saltines, salsa AND a cheese pump! Heavenly...

Anne said...

Came over from FGF! Following you now...and on Twitter, too! Happy Friday!!

Kim said...

Saltines... interesting choice! Probably something my husband would do!

And there is something to be said for people who aren't afraid to encourage others. Sounds like it's making a difference in you life!

Visiting from Feel Good Friday!

The Crazy Coxes said...

What's wrong with saltines and salsa? EVERYTHING goes with salsa. I have a senior in HS, so I know. ;)

Ashli sounds like a wonderful friend. You can't have too many of those!

Your weekend sounds like it's packed with fun!

michelle said...

High school boys will eat ANYTHING. Seriously.

I got my crackberry last August and I'm pining for an iPhone or Droid. hmmm

This weekend I'm just doing the usual... being a crazy person. Hope we'll have good weather

J.B. said...

I'll be writing for Script Frenzy.org. I'm enthralled with adapting a novel of mine to comic book format.
Have your best weekend ever.

Mimi N said...

Your brother is a growing boy and I've heard that teen boys can eat you out of house and home!! LOL

I think it's so cool that you stepped out of your comfort zone and joined the music team at your church! I didn't come from that background either, but it wasn't too long after I became a believer that my worship began to happen. Now lifting my hands or weeping during a song or a prayer is totally natural.

Visiting from FGF.

~Mimi @ Woven by Words

Mrs4444 said...

Your weekend sounds perfect.We had a sleepover and are winding it up...

What a treasure that Ashli is. It's so great to have people like that in our lives, and I'm glad she's in yours.

Have a great week!