Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Random Tuesday

Isn't there a meme out there for Random Tuesday Thoughts or something? I'll see if I can find it here shortly... because this is going to be a random post!

randomtuesday

~~~ I had planned on sharing pics and such from Teagan's first day at soccer this past weekend but we are having some issues with our internet/phone/cable provider (they are coming out on Weds) so loading pics goes verrrrrrrrry slowly. ~~~ I also have a post planned that is a follow up to last year's Interview with Teagan. This year, it will be an interview with Teagan, Zach and Jeff! Again... the picture issue. ~~~ I've been loving Zumba! Did the 2 hour event on Saturday (Zumba for Autism- raised over $2100- yahoo!). LOVE the instructor- Kimberly. She is incredible- high energy, gets everyone involved, connected to everyone in the room. She is very supportive and encouraging and so much fun! Here's the kicker- to keep taking her class, I'd have to join a second gym (this one would be by my house). It would cost around $30 per month. If I take a class elsewhere- community center or a church- it would cost $4-$5 per class. If I go weekly... $20 a month. For an additional $10, I could take other classes, use a treadmill when it rains or is too hot. But... am I willing to give up home time in the evening? It sucked not seeing my kids until I got home- and they were already in bed. And giving up more time on a Saturday morning just won't work- unless there is a 6 or 7 a.m. class. Or I could just buy a DVD and shelve the idea for a few months. That might be my safest option at this point. But I really, really, really like that instructor and the group atmosphere. ~~~ I'm getting hooked on 2 super easy ways to get in loads of fruits and veggies every day. Smoothies and soup. For smoothies, I use plain kefir, a little honey, frozen peaches, frozen mango, frozen strawberries. I easily get 2-3 servings of fruit first thing in the morning. With soup, I always go a little crazy with the ingredients. The chicken noodle soup that I made this weekend has chicken and Ronzoni Healthy Harvest egg noodles... and it also has carrots, celery, cauliflower and I toss in a little baby spinach when I heat it up. Again, 2-3 servings of veggies in my bowl of soup! And both things are amazingly filling! ~~~ I'm working on a special project that will happen at the end of May. I just turned in round one for review and am hoping for some really great feedback. If you are the praying type, prayers are appreciated. If you the good thoughts and positive vibes type, that's welcome, too! ~~~ Half day at work today- cram packed with meetings- and then I'm off to the Indiana Tourism Media Marketplace at the State Fairgrounds! I'm very excited! I'm planning to make up a little brochure about myself and my blog in case any of the locales might want to do some kind of partnership. What should I say about myself and my blog and the networking opportunities I can offer? ~~~ Enjoy your Tuesday- I need to grab a cup of coffee and prep for my first of 3 conference calls for the morning! Photobucket

4 comments:

Liz's mom said...

Random Tuesday though--Congratulations to Jeff!! He's been super supportive of your weight loss--and has not tried to sabatoge your efforts. He didn't bring in extra treats into the house nor tried to interfere with your exercise routine. What a great partner!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Liz, you totally inspired me on the veggie thing, I'll have you know.

One of my specialty dishes is affectionately referred to by friends and family as "stuff on noodles." I basically sauté up some mushrooms, zucchini, onions and garlic and then put it over noodles (usually rotini) with some cheese on top.

Well, last night, I made it but used spaghetti squash instead of noodles. I liked it EVEN MORE. I still used cheese, but between that and the olive oil, it was a seriously healthy dish.

Keely said...

Stick with what works! If you think you can afford it, and you're enjoying it, just do that. "shelving" ideas is always my downfall!

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

I need to do a Press Kit as well. I have no idea what to say, I 'm sorry :-(