Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bored.

Many days, I really like my job. I like the work I do. I like most of the people I work with. There are frustrations but I usually leave feeling like I've accomplished something at the end of the day. Today, I am spending 4 hours on a conference call. I am shut up in my office, with the conference call on my phone, my phone on mute so they don't hear me typing away, watching people demonstrate how we use our systems. Eventually, I will have about 10 minutes in which I demonstrate a sliver of how procurement uses our systems. So I sit and wait and wait and listen to everyone else prattle on... and wait and wait. I have Boot Camp at 11:30 and am not confident they will be to my section by then. And until then... I am bored. On the bright side? My desk is getting cleaned up!

7 comments:

mimbles said...

4 hours is an awfully long conference call!

Tidy desks are nice, I made mine tidy today by turning all the random piles of Things To Do into one organised pile. There was no actual reduction in volume though. Which is in part why I am up at 2am just having finished one of the urgent Things To Do :P

Boozy Tooth said...

Larry is always trapped on conference calls and mutes his phone while he multi-tasks too!

Great minds think alike.

Maybe everybody except the speaker is doing the same thing. Good thing you don't all have to video conference. That could be agony.

And if Boot Camp is an improvement over conference calls... well... that just seems... ug!

Mary Ellen said...

Long conference call....torture. I'm an expert at multi-tasking, but once I actually dozed off during a particularly boring call. Luckily my cell phone buzzed and woke me!

Garret said...

Well, the bright side.... you got to blog.

Garret

sassymo said...

Wow, that sounds torturous...4 HOURS! For real?! My heart goes out to you, that is one loooooong conference call.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, that does sound boring! Did you make bootcamp?

Eternal Lizdom said...

Thanks to my boss, I did make boot camp. The call wasn't over... I had 5 mins to get across the street... I ran to her office and asked if I needed to stay on (my demo portion was done)... she excused me. Yay! She was on the call for another HOUR.