Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm Leavin'

On a jet plane... Tomorrow, I take my children to Miss Lisa's house. I go to work. And after lunch, I fly away to Washington D.C. for 2 nights. I am not taking a laptop with me. I am assuming I will be able to use the business center at the hotel to get online. It is breaking my heart to leave my kids. My mom is coming to help Jeff out and the kids will spend the day with her on Tuesday. Everyone is going to have a great time... and it will most likely be really good for me to get away. What I am looking forward to... meals where I can focus on my food and not be concerned about cutting and cooling the food on plates around me... sleeping in a bed all by myself... sleeping all night without listening for cries or other child noises... showering without anyone knocking on the door... maybe even finding time in my schedule to work out without limiting myself to a lunch hour... not being asked the same question or a string of constant questions about E v e r y t h i n g... What will I miss? Hugs, kisses, giggles, tickles, sticky fingers and cheeks, bubble bathtime, sleepy bedtime books, kids snuggling in my bed in the morning, singing songs, sparkling blue eyes, twinkling brown eyes, arms wrapped around me... The best part? Coming home.

6 comments:

Garret said...

Absence makes the fart smell stronger. Mmmmm, doesn't sound right, does it. Well, I mean well, and that's all that counts.

Garret

Jason, as himself said...

I spent a week just like this this last week. It was wonderful. But so nice to get home. Enjoy!

Joanie said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your alone time. Then enjoy your homecoming.

Boozy Tooth said...

Enjoy the peace, quiet and calm and when you get home, enjoy the reverse. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

I love your perspective on everything Liz. And wouldn't you just expect a fart comment from Garret.

What will you be doing in DC? Business or pleasure?

Desert Grace Boutique said...

You will be so appreciated when you get back home.
Have a safe trip.

Kristi said...

I hate leaving my kids. I do enjoy the time to myself, and having grown up conversations, restful nights. But I so hate leaving them. I get a pit in my stomach everytime. So I certainly understand how you are feeling. Excited for you to return home to them tomorrow!