Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Hair

One of the things that Jeff does for me that I love is to brush my hair. I often can't get the tangles out because of the length and, because my hair is really thick, the tangles are usually really bad.
When I sit down, my hair gets stuck behind my back.
When I bend my head forward to play with my kids or read a book or cook... my hair gets in the way.
Yesterday, I saved Zach from choking on random Mommy hairs 4 times.
I get headaches from the length and weight.
Today, we dug this out of the roller of the vacuum. (Lens cap shown for size perspective)
My hair is long. I'm trying to grow it out for Locks of Love. It's really challenging sometimes to keep growing it and growing it and growing it. There are some thing about it that are great- easy to pull back (but the length is long enough that it is kinda difficult to whip it into a ponytail).
And this is the solution.
Happy summer!!! 4 ponytails of 10 inches each hair... donated to Locks of Love. And I get rid of headaches, hot hair, hair everywhere, hair in the way...
I ran out and did this on a whim while the kids were napping. I wonder if they will recognize the old mama with my hair all cut off??

16 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

At first I was wondering why in the world is she growing her hair out if she hates it so much?

But then you answered my question. That is so sweet of you.

Now you get to start over again!

Strange Mamma said...

That is so awesome. You are the second blog I follow that posted today about cutting their hair for summer and donating it to Locks for Love. Check out Anna's new 'do here.

Anonymous said...

And what a beautiful solution it is. Exquisite. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Awesome thing to do for Locks of Love. And a very cute cut!!!!

Anna said...

wow, we look alike now! LOL definitely must be in the air!
it's my second time donating to Locks of Love, it just feels so good!

Garret said...

Kudos on the hair and the cause!

Garret

Garret said...

Oh, and the pile of hair next to the lens cap? Ewwwwwww.

darsden said...

Fantastic! Kudos for you for giving
to locks of love. Just had a friend do that...(she was going to be losing hers anyway bless her heart) so she had a locks of love party and gave hers too..(she had to go all the way though!)
That's great and it looks fabulous!

Amy said...

Two thumbs up! It's so cute. My hair has been short forever. Can't imagine having the patience to grow it out, even for a great cause like locks of love.

Mrs4444 said...

Wow! Those locks are a beautiful gift! And your new cut is adorable :) Nice.

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome Liz! And just in time for the sweltering weather!

Mary Ellen said...

What an awesome thing to do - and the new cut looks adorable!

Congrats!

Joanie said...

I love it! And I'm jealous! I desperately need a cut and color. sigh. Maybe in a week or so.

Jackie E. said...

What an awesome thing to do for someone else, especially when you didn't enjoy having long hair. I think the cut is super cute!!! I was just looking at a cut in a magazine about the same length as yours and wondering if I should do the same thing??? Not sure yet.....

Anyway, have a safe Memorial Day!

C. Beth said...

That is AWESOME! Congratulations! I did Locks of Love last time I drastically chopped my hair too (when pregnant with Chickie.) But I only had one wimpy ponytail of hair to donate. :)

colormekatie said...

You are awesome!