Friday, May 29, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

It's not over completely. But we just need a few months to figure things out. There's this new development between us and I'm not sure I can work with it. I think it's too complicated for the kids. And, honestly, I just don't think I can deal with it right now. It will be a rough few months. But it's what we need to do. We are breaking up- but it is temporary. It's fully my intention that we be back together and better than ever this fall. We just need a few months apart while you work through this new... development... in your life. Let's set a goal. Zach's birthday comes at the end of October. I think we can sort it out by then. You can get this... thing... out of your system. And maybe things will settle down before then. Maybe we can sort through this within a couple of months. Because I really don't think I can deal with the excess crowds that the King Tut exhibit is going to bring to our precious Children's Museum. Our membership expires this weekend and I just can't see renewing it right away. From what I hear, this exhibit is a Huge Deal. The museum has even built a new wing to house this exhibit. As a member, I would still have to pay additional money to get into this exhibit. And not just a few bucks. $15 for each adult, $8 for each child. And the exhibit is recommended for age 8 and up. Zach and Teagan have zero interest in King Tut, I can tell you that!! So bigger crowds, harder time finding parking, paying extra, exhibit isn't really our-kid-friendly anyway. The exhibit goes through October. Zach's birthday is Oct 23 so a new membership to the museum seems like an ideal birthday gift, yes? At the very least, I'll wait and get a new membership at the end of June, once the excitement has died down. Or get a membership for MY birthday in August... We don't need the Museum so much over the summer since we tend to hit parks and such. Plus, we plan to get a membership to Connor Prairie. So... goodbye Children's Museum. It's not forever. It's temporary. You haven't done anything wrong. But it really seems like you need some time to sort out some things. We'll be back together soon enough...

9 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Don't ever freak me out like that again Liz! Titles are scary!

Alison said...

What the heck? I know I haven't been checking in so much lately, but I couldn't believe you'd just drop a big ol' bomb like this...oh, King Tut exhibit.

You deserve some kind of payback for this, Missy. I hope an out-of-town friend ends up dragging you to the Children's Museum at the height of the craziness!

Joanie said...

John and I saw the King Tut exhibit when it came to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia last year. You know the death mask that's on all the literature and commercials and stuff? Not part of the exhibit. We were hugely disappointed. The rest of the exhibit was cool though.

C. Beth said...

Oh, man, you had me there. I'm so relieved this isn't about your marriage that I couldn't care less about the King Tut exhibit.

(Although--$15? That's highway robbery! Okay, I guess I do care....)

:)

Amy said...

You scared the $#!& out of me. That was NOT nice.

But thanks for the reminder that I need to check back w/the woman who said she'd invite me to a premiere...

Garret said...

Ya meanie!

Garret

Anonymous said...

yeah, i gasped too when i started reading. ha ha ha ha.


anyways, i must be living under a rock because i had NO idea that this was coming. sounds like it will be fun, but i am CHOKING on the cost. sheeeeeesh! how is a family of 4 supposed to ENJOY the CM?

Eternal Lizdom said...

Also... the ticket price for an adult who is not a member is around $25! More on the weekends!!

Alison said...

Y'know, Miss Chef and I went to the Georgia Aquarium last weekend, and I had to wonder how all those families were coming up with the money--starting with entrance tickets, but then to $4 hot dogs, official pictures, and all the gift shop goodies. And the place was *packed*. I know it's for a good cause and all, but they have to be raking in the dough.