Monday, May 4, 2009

Teaganisms

"Mommy! Please please pleeeeease! Pretty pleeeease!" "Teagan, that is begging. Begging doesn't work with me." "I'm not begging!" "What's begging?" *** A conversation she had with my mom after church last Sunday as she was being buckled into her carseat:

"Oh no! I forgot to pray!"

"That's ok! You can pray anytime! Just fold your hands and bow your head and talk to God!" "No! I have to have a microphone! A real one! With power!"

***

We write down prayer requests at church and put them in the bag at offering time. Teagan's never talked about them before but has watched me when I write. This week... "Mom. I want to write a prayer. You write what I say. 'God. I love you.' That's all."

***

Walking through Target, Teagan in the cart, wearing a coat.

"T, do you want to take your coat off?"

"No thank you, Mommy."

"Well, you can if you want to- if you get warm or something."

"It's ok Mommy. I like suffering."

10 comments:

Lynn Freeman said...

CLASSIC! I love your Teaganism's. Wait until Zach starts with them - some of our HUGEST laughs have been at Hayden's expense.

Boozy Tooth said...

RE: "It's ok Mommy. I like suffering."

I blew snot out of my nose, I laughed so hard. You've got a live one on your hands Liz!

LOL.

Sonja said...

LMAO I like suffering!!!

Alison said...

Oh, don't you let her forget that last one! Miss Chef and I still use quotes like that from my nephews--I used one in front of my SIL, and she had completely forgotten he used to say that. I even taught my coworker a phrase my cousin's kid used to say...the kid who's now a junior in HS. Good kidisms are Forever.

Yeah, good job archiving these!

Anonymous said...

An ON mic is necessary for prayer. Tammy Faye would be so proud ;-0. Ah, the whimsicalities. She is fun.
~Mary

sassymo said...

LOLOLOL.....these are hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!! You just made my day.

Joanie said...

Oh, I see a Diva in the making!

Jason, as himself said...

I just love what kids this age say. Ages 3-4 seem to be when they come up with the best stuff. One of my favorite posts on this subject was this one:

http://jason-thejasonshow.blogspot.com/2007/05/conversations-with-three-year-old.html

If you want.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Heading over to check it out now, Jason!!

Tom said...

That's a hoot! "I like suffering" Don't you wish you could just follow them around with a tape recorder?