Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WHOO HOO!

We got done well ahead of schedule and I was able to leave work at 4:30. Got home- Jeff was already picking up kids and taking Teagan to Miss Lisa's for a haircut. I rushed inside, got my running clothes on and got outside into the gorgeous 62 degree, sunny evening!! I struggled- outside running is still a learning curve. But I got a workout in today and am so excited about it! The best part... I had foot cramping during my workout (that's not the best part- hold on). Got home at the end of my 30 mins and sat down to recover. Took my shoes off, rubbed my crampy foot. Put my shoes back on and decided to keep walking up and down the street until the family got home. The loosened shoe made a WORLD of difference. I walked to the corner, turned around and ran back to the house. I walked to the next corner- and Jeff and the kids pulled up behind me as I got there. Jeff turned the SUV around and drove next to me while I ran. I ran faster and stronger than I have in any of my workouts! I had my kids cheering me on, I had my husband rooting for me. I would speed up and Jeff would speed up- it felt awesome to push myself to go faster than the car's pace. If it hadn't been for the neighbor's van parked by our driveway, I would have run all the way home! Oh- and Teagan did an AWESOME job counting down the driveways for me. Kept me going. "Just 3 more driveways Mommy! Only 2 driveways to go, Mommy!" So the day I knew was going to be tough ended up being fantastic! The meetings at work felt more productive and educational. Food choices were still awesome (even shocked myself at not wanting afternoon junky snacks provided). Yahoo!! Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great for you. way to go.
maybe you're example will get me off my butt......nah. not today.

do you stretch before and after????

Katherine said...

Congrats on an awesome workout. Just from your own description, you've come really far.

Unknown said...

Awesome! See...things have a way of working out. Proud of you woman...I may secretly do the C25K training and shock everyone when I can actually run a mile!

Mellodee said...

Not that I would ever know from personal experience, you understand, but I've always heard that its better to run with someone than to run alone! I don't think it matters if the someone is actually in a car!! :)

Garret said...

You've really jumped in to all this healthiness!

Amy said...

Love that Teagan counted down the driveways for you!

C. Beth said...

How fantastic! I love that your family is supporting you and cheering you on. Having my kids & hubby at the finish line at my first 5K was awesome. And later, having my daughter draw a picture and say, "This is you, Mommy! It's you exercising. It's you running."--that made me feel like she's learning from what I'm doing. Yeah. :)