Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear Bloggers,

I've seen others make this request and I am going to take this opportunity to do the same. If you have a Blogger account or are somehow signing in to leave comments, I would be most appreciative if you had an e-mail address with your login. Because sometimes, the comments I get are ones that I prefer to respond to more privately. But here's a spin- I'd like to hear your opinion. If you don't have an e-mail address connected with your account, what reason do you have for that? When you leave a comment on a blog, do you like a response? Do you go back and check for comments? Do you subscribe so you get the comments in your e-mail? I used to subscribe to comments but then I sometimes end up overwhelmed by the comments of others. I sometimes try to go in and reply to the comments. But if I have something to say to one person, I feel like I need to respond to everyone! When I comment on other blogs, I only go back and check if the comment I left had a question in it or something like that. I do like when I get an e-mail response from a blogger that I've left a comment for. So what do you think? Will this prompt you to add an e-mail address to your login account? Do you like an e-mail reply from a blogger? Or do you leave a comment and just move on? I forgot to do this for February- so here are some of my favorite posts from Feb and Mar 2009. FEB Doing It Better The Happiest Place On Earth The Girls Are Gone. For Good. Nothing Like A Day At Home To Make Me Love My Job My Power Word- Choice MAR Mama Bear and Friendship Who Knew? The Birthday Celebration Finding Their Own Way Say Cheese Photobucket

7 comments:

C. Beth said...

As a blogger I am frustrated when I get specific questions in the comments and can't reply via email. I feel obligated to track down the commenter in some other way (FB, their blog, etc.) to answer because I don't know if they'll check the comments for my answer.

I've found that by using gmail for my "blog email" I get very, very little spam even with my email on my profile for the whole world to see. Gmail's spam filtering is absolutely awesome.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I agree, Beth. I use a gmail account that I only use for my blog and things blog related. I've never had an issue with it.

I don't go to great efforts to track folks down- I just answer in the comments and assume they will have either subscribed or will check back!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm with you, Liz. I much prefer to respond to comments via email so that I know the readers are getting the responses. Why should I go in and take the time to reply if no one is going to read it?

Mellodee said...

Its a quandry I am trying to sort out too. I'm not at all consistent in the way I handle comments, which results in some folks getting answers and others not. I guess I haven't yet figured out what works best for me.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i do so love commenting on the comments others leave me. thanks for sharing this valuable info

Claudya Martinez said...

I don't subscribe to comments because it can get overwhelming.

I don't know why people don't have their email attached, they can have an email just dedicated to blogging if they don't want to use their regular one.

mimbles said...

I tend to respond in the comment thread because I like blogs where there are conversations going on in the threads. I know people often don't subscribe to comments but I usually do. I have filters set up on my email so all the blog comments get shifted to a separate folder and I can go through them if/when I feel like it.

If I've asked a specific question then I'll always subscribe or go back to check for an answer.