Friday, March 12, 2010

Feeling Good That It's Friday!

This week, I'm choosing a prompt from The Girl Next Door's list and sharing it with ya'll. Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile. Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you? My husband has had me smiling all week. He opened up and shared a lot with me after a conversation we had last a couple of weeks ago. And ever since he opened up like that, it's like a weight has been lifted from him. He did share what he wrote on his own blog- he's in my blog roll. I'll add in the link here if he gives me permission. Edit: He gave me permission and even put up a new post for today. So go check out Jeff's blog- leave him some comment love: This Is Jeffardy! And, of course, don't forget about Friday Fragments!! Mrs4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time is our host... *** At my gym, our trainer puts up a monthly white board with nutritional or fitness tips and information. For March, there is information about not drinking soda (bad for the kidneys) and some great information about where we get our food from (animal vs plant vs processed sources). In addition, our trainer highlights a "Member of the Month-" someone who has been working hard, hit an anniversary of membership, accomplished a goal, etc. Guess who is the Member of the Month for March?

***

My new fitness and nutrition lifestyle... is making a difference!! My clothes are already fitting differently. Pants that were almost snug 2 weeks ago and loose now. The most amazing thing to me is that it's become so easy. I wish I had a good answer to point to... something that would make this work for everyone. But it's just clicked. The food I consume is about fuel for my body. I get out what I put in. The exercise I do energizes and strengthens me. While I used to struggle through cravings... fighting to stay away from the vending machines or candy or fast food... this time, the desire isn't there. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy that cupcake last weekend. But I chose to eat it because it was something fun with my family, not because I felt like I "needed" it or "deserved" it.

***

I've got a new post up over at FitCity... it's about kids and vegetables and marketing / advertising. I'd love it if you'd pop over there and leave me a comment!

***

Zach is potty trained. He's wearing underwear during the day and a diaper at night. And that diaper is coming up dry more often than not. The best part is... he just decided he was done. Boom.

***

Ricky Gervais is hilarious. That's all.

***

I'm having lunch today with a dear friend that I'd lost touch with. We used to talk frequently and do lunch and hang out... and then life changed for him and life changed for me and we just didn't get together as often. I am very much looking forward to catching up with him!

***

Next week is crazy busy at work. More details to come on that...

***

In case you missed my posts this week... check out a new 5 part series I am working on. Someone asked about how I do everything that I do. So I figured I should sit down and figure out what my schedule really is and what my family's activities really are. Coming soon, my thoughts on my Philosophy, the Practicality of it all and, finally, my Big Secret to how I "do it all."

***

This weekend- Daylight Savings Time- spring forward. I HATE DST. When I moved to Indiana, I was surprised to find that this state didn't change their clocks. All year, the clocks stayed the same. Which meant we were in the Eastern time zone part of the year and Central part of the year. And it was fine and I liked it and I found that my body didn't have to go through that weird change twice a year. And then the government decided to change it and put us in the Eastern time zone and recognize DST and I HATE IT. We are just starting to enjoy the sunrise each morning when driving to school and work. Starting Sunday, back to darkness. Over the summer, the sun will not completely set until almost 10 p.m. I just really don't see the purpose of DST in this day and age.

***

Breakfast with a friend this weekend- always enjoy that. Other than that, leaving it low key because next weekend- with birthday parties and starting the children's choir at church- will be busy busy busy!!! What are your weekend plans?

Photobucket

13 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Woohoo, Member of the Month!!

So happy hubby is sharing. That essential.

Enjoy your friendly breakfast and remember to breath next week at work!

Mom said...

Regarding exercise and better nutrition: When the student is ready, a teacher appears.

Garret said...

Congratulations on better fitting clothes! As a reward you get a new wardrobe soon! Well, you have to pay for it. Oh well.

Marianne said...

Stoping by from FGF...


I've lived in Indy my whole life and when we switched to DST you would've thought we were told the apocalypse was happening. People were SO outraged (or was that just people I know?) Either way, it sucks. I wish we never had to touch are darn clocks!

I love some of the comments you leave on The Girl's posts... count me in as a follower now :)

Marianne
ficklewhitewoman.blogspot.com

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

I'm hearing the song.."Eye of the tiger"...playing in my head!ha! Seeing Get 'em tiger on the whiteboard made me giggle! I'm trying to follow in your footsteps!

Congrats on Zach being officially potty trained!! I've got one more to go, and I can't wait!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

SOmething has been bothering my husband for a month and I know when something is wrong even if he doesn't want to talk. He finally talked last night and so I know how GOOD that feels!

Thank you for ddoing FGF - I hope what I did was ok?

yodaobi said...

Well I think getting a bunch of cookies and twinkies in the post from YOU was my highlight of the week.

Have done well not opening them all and chowing down.

I WILL be blogging with photos... COuldn't do it today as James took the camera and William to a wedding today.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Congratulations on being named Member of the Month!!! And a 5K!?!?!?! High Fives for that.

And High Fives to Zach and potty training too. That is VERY impressive.

Hope you have a fun weekend.
Cheers,
jj

J.B. said...

Good stuff. I love intimate talk with my husband or anyone.
Congrats on the healthy eating and exercising.

Johanna Jenkins, are you from SM and USM?

Anonymous said...

I hear that I told my mother that I would quit dirtying my pants on Easter. And I did.

I checked out your husband's blog. Very nice.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Congrats on getting a shoutout from your trainer! That's awesome!

Personally, I LOVE DST and I can't wait for tomorrow when it's still light at 7pm.

Prairiemaid said...

Sounds like congratulations are in order for you. You deserve it on so many levels! Way to go!!!

Mrs4444 said...

You've been busy!! Congrats on your recognition :)

What made me smile today was getting an email from a student (who was sitting across the room from me at a computer). She is usually pretty disagreeable and impatient. The email read simply, "your the best."
(Yes, I know it's spelled incorrectly, and I could care less :)

Off to read your hubby's post!