Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's Almost Ridiculous

A year ago, I was in a bad place.  And it was all because of my job.  I was ready to walk.  But I kept getting clear signals that I was supposed to stay.

And I'm glad I did.

Because things are so different now.

Last year, I had no energy for Christmas.  My spirit was dark.

This year, I am filled with so much love and joy and excitement for the holiday season!  No special reason why - no big gifts planned or expected.  I'm just so jazzed by decorations and music and snow and fun holiday events and special Christmas services and time with friends and family.

We put up the tree at home and I wore my favorite Christmas t-shirt.  And I loved on each ornament as we hung it up.













I even decorated my workspace.


It continues to strike me... how different it is this year.

I am happy.  Every day.  I look forward to coming to work.  I look forward to being around the people I work with.  I look forward to the work I'm doing.

It's almost ridiculous.  It's kind of weird.  Some people seem a little put off, for a moment, by my happiness.  I wear fun socks and sing carols and make jokes.

Because I am blessed.  I have love and joy to spare.

I'm looking forward to doing fun holiday things with my kids.  I'm excited to be doing charitable things as a family.  I'm eager for family and friend celebrations and meals.

It's Christmas time!  It's time for snow and cold and singing and decorations and fun! And I am fully prepared to enjoy it all!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm trying really hard to get my Christmas on, so I'm so glad to read about how happy and Christmasy you are feeling.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm so glad things are better for you this year and that you're enjoying the holiday season. I hope you have a beautiful Christmas!