Thursday, September 26, 2013

5 Years



That was my first post 5 years ago.

Never thought my writing would impact other people.  Over these 5 years, I sometimes get a note here and there from someone letting me know that a post I wrote has impacted them in a big way.  Those are the moments I most treasure.  A mom who wants support and advice and prayers for her son as he faces his abuser in court.  A friend who learned how to forgive because of words I shared.  Women who just feel a connection and appreciate that someone else "out there" understands.

My blog is my hobby.  I like to write.  And connect.  I like to take pictures.  It's been 5 years.

Sometimes I wonder if it is time to retire.

Sometimes I wonder if I overshare.

Sometimes I worry that I don't give my little blog enough time and attention.

And sometimes I'm just surprised that anyone reads what I've written in the first place.

Happy Blog-iversary!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! Gosh, has it been that long? Time goes by so fast.

I know exactly how you feel about your bog and I think it is natural. Since it has ben hard for me to find time to write, sometimes I wonder if I should just give up, but it is the emails outside of the comment section that makes it all worthwhile.

You do touch people!!!!

Alison said...

Believe it or not, I do still drop by on occasion to see what you and the kids are up to! :) I think "hobby" is the best way to think of a blog...if you're not getting anything out of it, then it's time to retire. But as long as you feel like you've got something to share, keep posting away. Whenever I feel like I'm neglecting my blog (like the past 6 months!) I remind myself that it's MINE, and it doesn't matter how many people are following or commenting. Besides, it's a great reference to look back and see your past laid out for you, pictures of the kids growing up, etc.

Garret said...

Happy blog-aversary!

Ann-Marie said...

Happy blogiversary! This is the cutest blog on the block :)