Monday, November 11, 2013

Wrong! #RespectTheTurkey

This past weekend, a local outdoor mall had their annual extravanganza to welcome Santa Claus.

Yup - you read that correctly.  Santa made a grand entrance at a big festival on November 9.  6 weeks and 4 days before Christmas.

Some radio stations have been sneaking in some Christmas songs here and there and I hear a local station will be kicking off the "all Christmas" format very soon.

I've heard reports of Christmas music being heard in stores.

I can understand the Christmas shopping and even the Christmas hobby and gift shows that start popping up.
But then the unimaginable happened.

The 12 Days of Christmas.

Being sung very loudly and joyfully.

From the backseat of my own vehicle.

My own children have turned against me!

*sigh*

Where did I go wrong?

Time to bring some Thanksgiving focus to my family.  I've been participating in the month of gratitude thing that pops up this time of year - sharing something each day that I am thankful for.  It's kind of nice - I generally take time at the end of the day to reflect on the events of the day and find a blessing in there that I am thankful for.

And I think it's something we can easily bring to our dinner table for the rest of the month.

Giving Thanks.  Thanksgiving.  A focus on gratitude.

#RespectTheTurkey

Photobucket

No comments: