Monday, January 2, 2012

For My Husband

Today is Jeff's birthday! 

We started the day with breakfast in bed.  The kids made pictures and cards while I made breakfast- blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs, toast.  We stuck a birthday candle in the muffin and came in to surprise him and sing to him.  He's been relaxing in bed ever since- I think he's happy.

I ordered him 2 presents but they haven't arrived yet and this holiday thing is messing with deliveries.  So I guess the odds are good that his presents won't arrive today.  Which is frustrating. 

He's going to have lunch with his dad.  I'm going to see if he'd like to do a family outing to the movies.  We'll have steak for dinner. 

It's going to be a laid back, easy going kind of day.  There's a little bit of snow falling, the family is still in pj's, and we're happy to just be together for another day before the hustle and bustle starts up in a few days.

Which is a perfect kind of day for my husband's birthday.  He's a homebody.  He always prefers to be home.  Sure, there are things he likes to go and do but he's always happy to get back home. 

Happy birthday, Jeff!  Your family loves you, adores you, respects you.  Maybe that's the greatest gift- taking time to realize the good choices you've made that have brought you to this birthday and realizing the blessings you have around you.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me! Happy Birthday Jeff. I hope your gifts arrive before Valentines day ;)

Jason, as himself said...

Jeff and I seem to have the homebody thing in common. He's lucky to have such a wonderful wife!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jeff!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!! Sounds like a perfect birthday to me!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Happy New Year!!!

Nej said...

Jan 2nd is my bday too!!!! Happy birthday Jeff!!!!!!!!!!

designHER Momma said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff! And yes, a Jan 2 birthday feels like it would be a good date to be born. Day off of work and everything!