Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Challenge You!

Christy and I did an unplanned workout at the gym yesterday. We had intended to hit the treadmill and run. Instead, we took the fitness endurance challenge. Almost a year ago, Christy and I started going back to the gym after a few months of total slacking. On Dec 1, 2009, one of our first days back, we saw a spreadsheet on the wall- an endurance challenge. There were a series of exercises and the idea was to do as many reps of each one in the time allotted. Standing Ball Push Up- as many as you can in 60 seconds. Sit to stand on workout bench- as many as you can in 60 seconds. This is basically a squat but you lower your rear to actually touch the workout bench and then stand up. No resting on the bench- just touch and go. Plank - hold a plank for as long as you can. Hammer curls with 10 lb dumbbells - as many as you can in 60 seconds. 2 miles on stationary bike at level 6 resistance. 1/4 mile run. I have to say- we blew away our results from last year. Now I want to challenge YOU! I want you to go do those exercises at your gym or at home. Time yourself, count your reps, etc. Report back how you did- I will add you to the sheet. I'll make a new sheet to track our progress. I say we do this again in 2 or 3 months and see if we've improved! Next Challenge date will be January 19, 2011. Who's in?? Don't make me double dog dare you!! Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is a wall push up? I need to Google these things...I'm not sure I know how to do several of them...but good for you gals for getting out there! Congrats on a year of improvement!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Lety- check the links in the post. There are even links to sites with videos to help you out!!

C. Beth said...

I love that!! I would like to try it but it wouldn't be as easy at home (no gym membership.) What a cool way to track your progress--you guys did awesome!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

The really great thing about this workout is that you can truly do it at home. Skip the bike. Don't have a fitness ball? Do the push ups against the wall without it. Don't have dumbbells? Take gallon milk jugs and fill with sandor water to make your own weights. No treadmill? No problem- go online and map out 1/4 mile from your house and go run it, timing yourself.

The only thing I really relied on my gym for was that stationary bike.

Garret said...

Ummmmm, I'll just live vicariously through you. :-)