Monday, January 21, 2013

See's Candies: Worth Cheating For!

You know you're watching what you eat and you are being careful about the foods you choose?  Making healthy choices, losing weight, training for an athletic event... for whatever reason that you're being healthy, let's say you'v ebeen at it for a good while and you're wanting to treat yourself.

You know what happens - you decide on what your treat should be.  Let's say a hamburger.  So you go and order a burger.  It arrives.  You're totally ready for that juicy beef... and it's dry or overcooked or unseasoned.  You end up disappointed.  You "cheated" on your diet, you stepped away from the healthiest choices for an indulgence and it wasn't what you expected.

So let's say you want to indulge with some chocolate.  You start thinking about your favorites... maybe you think it would be worth it to hit the vending machine and get your favorite candy bar.  Or maybe hit the drug store for a box of your favorite chocolates.

And you end up disappointed.  It doesn't really satisfy because you end up with a piece of chocolate that's loaded with preservatives or high fructose corn syrup or cheap chocolate and it tastes like cheap chocolate.

You wasted your indulgence.

Unless you pick See's Candies.



Jeff and I were invited to a special grand opening celebration for the See's Candies in Keystone.  Not only did we get to enjoy samples galore, we also got to learn a lot about See's and how they do business, and maybe even have some fun packing our own boxes of chocolates I-Love-Lucy-style!



See's Candies was the inspiration for the famouse I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel work in the chocolate factory.  So we each got the chance to compete to pack a small box of chocolates as fast as we could - I tied for first in my group!


Jeff did awesome but that guy next to him had a private See's coach so he had a totally unfair advantage to take the win.  



And a slight sidebar - it totally made my night when I got to meet Lisa.  She stopped me to let me know how much she enjoys my blog and the stories I share.  I was really touched by what she had to say!


See's is the kind of company you like to support.  It was started in 1921 and has a rich family history.  So if you're going to cheat on your diet or indulge in a special treat, make sure you're doing so with great ingredients, high quality, and incredible taste!

Photobucket

3 comments:

moosh in indy. said...

I was totally on a clean eating streak, and don't feel one bit of guilt for indulging. :)

Katherine said...

My dad used to bring us See's candy when he would come home after a long trip. I have very good memories of this treat.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I remember being so shocked when I found out that See's Candy stores aren't just everywhere. I've grown up with them. I always loved stopping in for a sample when hanging out at the mall with friends.