Thursday, December 3, 2009

DROID Update

Just wanted to give some info from Verizon in regards to my concerns about the data plan... To get the most from DROID by Motorola smartphone, customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide voice plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide voice plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access for 450 minutes and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan is $29.99 for monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone Use your PDA/Smartphone for personal email and Web surfing. Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net. Easy email account setup. Unlimited Web Browsing Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan. This data package is only for PDAs and smartphones. When a customer is connected to our network with a laptop or netbook, he/she needs to subscribe to one of our Mobile Broadband plans that offers either 5 GB of monthly allowance for $59.99 or 250 MB for $39.99. Also, had I taken a little more time and effort on the video uploading, I could have uploaded my videos via a WiFi connection. I just really didn't take the time to play with that function as much. I'm just starting to use the video function on my current phone- I just don't use it very often. If I had the Droid, I'm sure I would use it more because you can record longer videos and because the quality of the recording is so much better than a typical cell phone. I really did like the Droid! And someday, the future version of the Droid may well be on my Christmas list. It was fun and user friendly and offered a lot more access to my online connectivity than I have with my current phone. So as soon as I am ready to carry my world in my pocket, the Droid will be for me!

No comments: