Friday, December 11, 2009

Oh There's No Place Like Fragments on Friidaaay!

Friday Frags are here... Happiness and cheer Fun for all that bloggers call their favorite day of the week! Fragments in the air Comments everywhere Funny times and words that rhyme of snips and shorts to share Mrs4444 is near hosting all the year Catching up and serves a cup at football games, some beer... Friday Frags are here... Happiness and cheer Oh that we could always see such frags throughout the year... *** I am soooooo soooooo sooooo not ready for Christmas. ACK! *** I have no clue if any of my readers are Jewish... nonetheless, Happy Hanukkah to any and all who begin their celebration tomorrow! *** I had another one of my weirdo allergy attacks yesterday. Stayed home from work with it... took a Bendaryl. And got knocked on my arse for about 4 solid hours. Woke up very dried out. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go see an allergist. *** My husband rocks. Seriously. For no reason, he bought me presents this week. No, he couldn't wait for Christmas. Because one of my presents was the last Harry Potter movie- which I never got a chance to see in the theatres. And the one that really couldn't wait? The Glee Volume 2 CD! WAHOO! Love it, love it, love it! I am listening to it as I type... "Don't tell me not to live, just sit and puttah... life's candy and the sun's a ball of buttah..." *** I think we might have to skip the State Museum this year. I'm not sure we can make it there this weekend. There has to be time for Jeff and I to separately take the kids shopping for each other. And that might have to be this weekend. Next weekend is supposed to be Children's Museum on Saturday and I'm hoping that the 20th will be a project I'm helping out with to support a family. *** Why do we hate to talk about the good things we do for others? It isn't bragging. If we would be more open, maybe it would inspire others to share the things they do? I think that most people who are helping others aren't looking for applause or pats on the back. *** Last night, at dinner, Teagan started singing "Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay..." And I sang along with her and then asked if she learned about dreidels at school today. "Huh?" I asked her- "Did you learn what a dreidel is at school today?" "Huh?" "Your song, sweetie. Did you learn about dreidels today?" "My song? Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel..." Yeah. She apparently hadn't caught on that it's a song about the little clay spinning toy and not weird nonsense singing "dreideldreideldreidel." Ha! *** Today is "Polar Express Day" at school. The kids wore pajamas, will watch the movie, have hot cocoa, and decorate gingerbread houses. I so wanna go to preschool. Forget high school or college. I want pajama day and fun sock day and naptime and snacks and lunch and breakfast fixed for me... I wanna go back to preschool. *** I was an awesome mom because when we got word about the plans for today, knowing my daughter doesn't like chocolate in any variety, I called Ms Lori and asked if I could send apple cider for Teagan instead. Went out and bought some that night. I am an awful mom because... guess where the apple cider is right now? In my fridge. But I'm so proud of my girl... I called, in a mild panic, and told Ms Lori that I forgot to send the cider. They are already in mid-party mode at this moment. Lori, bless her heart, went back to check on the situation and called me back. Apparently, when hot cocoa was being handed out, Teagan went to her teacher and told her that "my mommy had called Ms Lori and was going to have something different for me but I think she forgot. Can I just have water?" Melt. My. Heart. *** Had to take Zach to the doctor yesterday morning. We've been fighting the weirdest diaper rash for the past 2 weeks. Tried everything on it. It didn't seem to be bothering him at all. One diaper change, it would be really bad. Sometimes on his butt cheeks, sometimes on the groin. Next diaper change, the redness would be almost gone and just little spots would be there. So weird. Tried Desitin, A&D, Beaudreaux's, Triple Paste, Monistat, Lotrimin, Nystatin, Neosporin. Nothing made it better, nothing made it worse. Doctor gave us a prescription for an anti-fungal and suggested cortisone. This morning, it's practically gone after just 2 doses of the prescription strength anti-fungal. *** I want to take a road trip along a highway where I can stop often, with my camera, and snap pictures of the beautiful images I see while driving. On my trip to Chicago, I kept seeing things I wanted to capture images of but couldn't because I was driving and only had my camera phone handy. I did try to capture a few things... I was totally fascinated by a wind farm. I have no clue how many wind turbines there actually were but they went on and on and on as far as the eye could see... I think the kids really love the DVD player in the van. I know I was very grateful for it. Since the trip to Chicago ended up with me being the solo parent, having that DVD player made the trip so easy! Plus, it's awesome to look in the rearview mirror and see those 2 precious faces. On the drive home, we ended up getting up at 4 a.m. CST (5 a.m. EST) and got dressed and out the door. We were on the road by 4:45 CST and got to enjoy the sunrise once we were back in Indiana. The sun, just starting to peek over the horizon.
And just moments after the sun had fully risen, past the horizon.
And to bring it all full circle, as I obsessed over the sunrise, we came back to the Wind Farm...
And as we approached home, Teagan and I spotted a tiny little rainbow in the middle of a small little portion of clouds. It's hard to spot... but it's there!
Happy FRIDAY! For the hard to see rainbow... Photobucket

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I need help finding the rainbow. I don't see it anywhere!!

Please help!!

Hallie :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I am SO excited about Glee2! Love that show and the first soundtrack ROCKED!

Dumb Mom said...

Those RX strength diaper creams are amazing, aren't they. When #3 had 17 straight days of diarrhea (thanks to an undiagnosed peanut allergy) last year we got some of that stuff to heal the open sores on his bottom. It cost us a mint, but was so worth it.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Don't Rain On My Parade!!!

(Is this mic on?)

Happy Friday!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Stacy Uncorked said...

Benadryl always knocks me out and dries me out, too. Good luck with the allergist.

Too funny that your hubby was so excited about your gifts he gave them to you early!! They're just like overgrown kids, aren't they? ;)

You have a point about talking about the good we do for others - if it inspires others to do the same, we shouldn't feel like we're bragging... :)

Too funny that Teagan was singing the Dreidel song but didn't realize there's an actual dreidel... :)

I want a Polar Express Day, too! I wonder if Princess Nagger will get one of those days closer to Christmas - she had one last year in Kindergarten, but I don't know if they do it in first grade, too.

Awwww! Teagan opted for water and didnt' make you feel bad about forgetting to send the apple cider! :)

That does sound like a bizarre diaper rash - glad the prescription stuff is working. When PN was a baby, sometimes I'd let her hang out with a naked butt - that seemed to help with diaper rash, too. ;)

Those pictures turned out really cool with your cell phone! I couldn't see the rainbow, though...

Happy FF! :)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I added a close up, circled pic of the tiny little cloud rainbow. It's hard to see... but click to bigify and that might help, too. The camera phone just picked up a hint of color...

Alison said...

No, the reason you're an awesome mom is because you asked Teagan about the dreidel song, instead of thinking, "Oh, that's nice they learned that song...now to get those dishes done."

OMG, I'M SO NOT READY FOR CHRISTMAS EITHER!! But, since being ready for Christmas really means being ready in your heart...maybe we are.

Claudya Martinez said...

Wow, what a great intro!

It seems to me that your husband thinks you rock, too.

mimbles said...

A dvd player in the car has saved our sanity on a number of long trips. I felt guilty when we bought one because my Mum always used to get annoyed with me for reading in the car when we were traveling instead of looking at the scenery, but I got over that pretty quickly ;-)

(I think Mum was just jealous because she couldn't read without getting carsick!)