Saturday, October 10, 2009

Morning Time Is The Best Time

While I don't love how my kids consistently get up early every morning (I really look forward to the day when I sleep, uninterrupted, until 8 a.m.; I'm very tired of seeing 5:30 every day)... There is something very special about that time of day. I don't know how it started, to be honest. My kids wake up and come into our bed. There is snuggling and hugging and giggles and talking and dozing off and on. Teagan has started to do things to show love- things that she likes, she now does. For example, the teachers at school rub backs to help the kids settle down for naptime. Teagan hasn't really been asking for back rubs at bedtime- but she does like to rub my back, stroke my hair, or pat my cheek when she comes to our bed in the early morning hours. Zach slides out of his bed with blanket in hand and scurries up into our bed- greeting us with a cheery "hello" and an "I love you." No better way to start the day than my boy saying "Hi Mommy! I love you!" in his little boy way. Snuggles, slipping in and out of those last few minutes of sleep, giggles, tickles, back rubs, talking about our day ahead... the entire family together in one place, with no distractions, getting ready to face the day. I think sleeping in until 8 can wait a while longer. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I remember those days, especially on the weekends. I took pics of of it once, but they didn't totally capture the emotion. I'm glad you know enough to appreciate these times now...

Heather said...

I cannot WAIT for these moments. I CANNOT.

:)