Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Fragments- The Blech Edition

I really don't mean to have Fridays be a day filled with complaints. Our host is the lovely Mrs4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time. Swing by for her fragments and stay for the rest of her blog- it's one of my favorites!

I don't feel well and may go home from work soon. Trying to hang on...

I don't have a lot of fragments from this week. I've neglected the blog, I think, because I've been very focused on Teagan and this recent transition in our parenting choices. Plus, the local mom community that I "work" for is getting ready to host a big birthday bash for members and has been hosting a big contest this week for moms to win tickets. We (discussion leaders) had to start up topics that counted as contest posts and replies are entries into the contest. So there has been some "babysitting" I've had to do over there. And now today... I woke up feeling like crap and I still feel like crap. So when I feel crappy, I can sometimes find fun and light heartedness on the internet. So for my Fragments, I'm going to share some of my fave fun sites to visit...

Color Me Katie

Cake Wrecks

PostSecret

FAIL Blog

Awkward Family Photos

Here's a video of an ad in India that Braja posted this week on her blog and I just loved it:
 

Did you watch The Office wedding last night? I did and absolutely LOVED it. Best wedding EVER. I laughed, I cried, I teared up, I giggled...

I'm off to Ohio this weekend. I'm pretty excited. The whole family is going. The big event? I am heading back to the church that I spent some of my childhood and adolescence in- they are having a confirmand reunion. Several of the kids I grew up with still attend that church and are now in leadership roles there. I am so excited- especially to see my friend Anne. I don't know how we lost touch... but we did... and I have thought of her often over the years. She is now the church secretary and is organizing this event.

We tried to watch last weekend's SNL. It was horribly dull. We've tried to hang on- last season had gotten better. Even in other seasons that most found not funny, we at least managed to find SOMETHING we liked- even if it was just Weekend Update. Well... second show of the season and it was so boring, we didn't even finish watching it. *yawn*

I'm pretty drained from the parenting roller coaster this weekend. Facing the unknown, finding a solution, and now working through this transition. It isn't a crisis or anything- but parenting takes purposeful, cognitive work and I think a lot of people choose not to go there. They want it all to be by instinct. I just can't do that. It's too big and important of a job to just do by the seat of my pants.

I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open right now. I might throw in the towel sooner rather than later. I hope that I just need some rest and will feel better after a long nap. Getting sick anytime in the next 4 weeks is not going to work. This weekend is the trip to Ohio and the reunion. Weds is Teagan's first school field trip to a pumpkin patch. Next weekend is our wedding anniversary (6 years). And the weekend after that is Zach's 2nd birthday. And the weekend after that is Halloween!! Ack! I hope everyone else is having a better Friday than me!! Go visit all the other Fraggers!

10 comments:

Garret said...

::wearing mask:: I hope you feel better! You've got a tight schedule and need to kick into wellness mode!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I am heading home- and directly to bed- very soon... my boss just came and shut my door... maybe I'll put my head down for a few minutes...

Crazee Juls said...

Hope you feel better soon. Being sick with so many fun things going on--it's just not fair! :)

Yes, I watched The Office last night--and I loved it too. That show is the epitome of crazee funny... :)

Unknown said...

I just saw The Office for the first time ever last night and LOVED it. I have a feeling a lot of catch-up is going to be happening over the next month or two!

Happy weekend.

mub said...

I hope you enjoy your time in Ohio, it sounds like it'll be fun to see old friends.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Hopefully you feel better soon - and are able to enjoy your weekend in Ohio...sounds like an awesome time!!

Happy FF - feel better!! :)

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you! I so enjoy some of the blogs you listed... I often frequent them when I'm having a bad workday. Also, The Office? Best episode! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who got teary-eyed. As funny as it was, it was also so sweet!

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon!! Everyone is talking about this show "The Office"...might have to check it out!

Mrs4444 said...

That Indian commercial is awesome :)

Hope you're feeling better; you have a lot to be healthy for!

I'm intrigued by the parenting talk, so I'll be going to catch up!

Sara Bonds @ Ordinary and Awesome said...

Have a wonderful time in Ohio with your friends!

I keep reading about The Office, but I just cannot get into that show. I love the actors on the show, so I was surprised that I didn't really like it. After reading so much about it online, though, I might have to give it another shot.

Happy FF!