Saturday, October 31, 2009

We Interrupt This Breakdown...

The good thing about Mommy flipping out is that stuff starts getting done. I've been disconnected. Apathetic. I don't know... just... off. The meltdowns get to me more than I want them to. The great tricks and tips up my sleeve seem to be on hiatus. The good news is that when I hit this low point, I take action to make it better. So I am bagging up unplayed with toys. I am throwing away broken things, beyond repair things. I am gathering laundry. I will be taking out my frustrations with a vaccuum, a swiffer dust cloth, cleaning supplies in my bathroom. I have a lot to work out in my head today. I cried on our way home from dance class- quietly. I cried when we got home- in my room, a little louder. I don't know exactly what's wrong but I do know that this just isn't right. No big crisis here-not to worry. I've just got some figuring out to do about happiness, health, home.

5 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Well you have a fabulously productive day and I hope you get to feeling more at ease really quick!

Teacher Tom said...

It sounds a little like you're living the Tao right now:

"Let your feelings flourish and get on with your life of doing."

It's the only way forward, baby. Take care of yourself.

Mrs4444 said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers...

Alison said...

Crying is good. Throwing out crap and getting your space in order is even better. Understanding that sometimes, you're just "off," and accepting it, is even betterer.

Best of "recoveries!"

Lori said...

Been there and done that...crying is good and cleansing for our souls...going through things and getting rid of what is not needed is good too. Hope your day is productive and that at the end of it you feel better with a glimmer of getting it back!