Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Inspiration Wednesday

Sometimes, you get a little slapped around with how hard life can be. Yesterday, I was doing some blog reading and a post stayed with me for most of the day. It really brought me down, disturbed me deeply. Because it left me feeling emotionally raw, I was super sensitive to other situations that are hard on people I know and care about. What is the best thing to do when the reality of a broken world smacks you around? Here's what I did. I shared with a friend that I was struggling. I put in a CD of relaxing and uplifting music. I got up from my desk and made myself march in place during a conference call. And I hatched a plan with a couple of friends. I've shared here about those pics I post on Facebook to inspire others, to let others know that someone cares. So my friends and I decided to create an event for today. Today is Inspiration Wednesday. We are encouraging anyone and everyone on blogs, on Facebook, whatever to write your own note of encouragement and share it with friends and family. I plan to share multiple messages throughout the day on the Eternal Lizdom fan page! Thank you. I love you. You are beautiful. You inspire. I am with you. Who might you reach out to? What words do you have to share? Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea... and always good to hear that people create something positive from a negative situation. Well done you.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Needing some positive energy here...gonna turn some music on it always helps me too.