Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday. Fragments. Yeah, that Feels Good!

Mommy's Idea

It's been far too long since I've done a Feel Good Friday Fragments post!! ***** How did it suddenly become OCTOBER??? ***** Tomorrow, we are heading to the University of Dayton to see my brother (Ted) for Family Day. We will have lunch with the marching band and their families. We will enjoy the game (I will really be paying attention to the band). We will be sitting on the same side of the field as the band so that should be fun for the kids. I'm betting my kids get to spend some time running around with Grandma. And maybe some family time after the game. Should be a fun day! I went by myself last year and had a blast! ***** Speaking of Grandma, Zach is already counting down the number of sleeps we have left until we get to see Grandma. He is desperate for a trip to her house. He asks to go to Grandma's house and cries when he finds out we aren't driving there right now. Looks like we need to plan an overnight where we can let the kids stay with Grandma while Mommy and Daddy get a weekend away! ***** Oops. An important date went right past. Sept 26 was my blogiversary! I've spent 2 years as a bloggy part of the interwebs and boy oh boy has my bloggy life changed! The really awesome thing is to go back and look at the first month of posts... I especially love seeing pics of my kids 2 years ago and realizing how much they've changed! ***** What made me feel good this week? My kids being adorable and actually loving each other!

***** Another feel good moment? A 30 minute walk with my friend Ashli last night after music team practice at church. I started a small church walking group- it hasn't really taken off but many people think it's a great idea. Last night, it was just me and Ashli. Which was excellent because it has been far too long since the two of us just had time to talk! It was great to get caught up and spend time with my friend! Other highlights include a very random fireworks display and a fun little jaunt on the hopscotch outline. ***** Sunday, we plan to go to the Renaissance Faire here in our town. We've gone before and enjoyed it immensely. ***** How about you? Wha't been the highlight of your week? What are your weekend plans? Photobucket

12 comments:

Garret said...

The best part about the pictures? The cute little robes. Adorable. :-)

Melanie said...

Absolutely adorable kiddos! I agree about the robes : )

http://musingsandmeanderings-mlp@blogspot.com

Caution/Lisa said...

And I thought I was the only one who loved their robes!!

There was a walking club at our church, too, but the leader was in such good shape that I couldn't keep up :(

Liz Mays said...

I'm going to the Ren Faire next month and can't wait! The kids with their sibling love are too, too cute!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so super adorable. What treasures. : ) I love that you are counting down sleeps. Love that so much!

Anonymous said...

I write Emily a note every day and put it in her folder for school and today I asked her the same question about October being here already! What the...?

You really had a lovely week. I love your walking group, I would so be there.

I am excited for the weekend. Emily has her Volleyball tournament and then we have a birthday party. SUnday will be the best day, but I can't say why! I am so full of secrets, aren't I?

Karen M. Peterson said...

Sounds like you've got a great weekend ahead of you.

Those are such cute pictures of the kiddos!

Mel Fraase said...

Aw, they are adorable!!

Love the Renaissance Faire, it's been so long since I've been to one!!

Everyday Kathy said...

Happy blogvrsary!!

The kids look so cute in their robes!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!

We have the University of Wisconsin Band here. Before we had kids we had season football and hockey tickets, while I enjoyed the sports I especially enjoyed the band.

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/
Hope you will check out my feel good!

Doreen McGettigan said...

What great pictures; I love when siblings love each other!
I am hosting Grand kids this weekend. Dominic is 8 and Adriana is 17 months. Their sister Allyson (15) has a softball showcase out of town and Dominic begged his parents to let him stay with us. He did not have to really beg; my daughter was more than happy to travel lighter and the parents are always so happy to spend alone time with Allyson.
Pop-Pop and Dominic are getting some work done today..cutting grass..washing cars etc...and I am spending time with the baby (she is asleep). Tomorrow we are going to take them on a hayride to pick pumpkins.
Have a great weekend!!

Jason, as himself said...

These two are so, so, so cute.