Friday, October 22, 2010

You Know The Drill!

Mommy's Idea

Busy weekend- and an important weekend!! On Saturday, my baby boy turns 3!! To celebrate, I am taking the kids to Cincinnati to spend the day (and night) with Grandma (and Grandpa and Uncle Daniel). I will drive back Saturday morning. While we are gone, there is a chance that Daddy is going to do all the furniture moving so we have a bedroom and a playroom as our big gift for Zach's birthday. Saturday afternoon is our previous daycare provider's annual picnic for past and present families in her care. Sasturday evening we are having dinner with friends and family in celebration of Zach's birthday at one of our family fave restaurants- Scotty's Lakehouse.

I posted this week about The Magic Jeans. Demands were made that pictures be shared. If you're a Facebook fan, you were treated to these fun pics yesterday. I've got a post brewing in my head about this journey I'm on to be healthy. About goals and buddies and gauges of success. I'm struggling a bit right now but still seeing what should be considered success. The mental game of going from unhealthy to healthy is frustrating at times. I wrote about my best friend, Jim, earlier this week. Part of why I love him so much? Because after he read it, he called me. And he said, "You were at that party with me because I carried you there in my heart. Not just in my back pocket. I love you!" *sniff, sniff* I love you, too! The training I was in last week was intense. One of the tools used to implement the learning was The Boat Game. Some of you might have heard of this before- but each person on the team has a different job and you have to make the process of taking orders, building boats, and delivering to the customer work most efficiently. The training was a type of problem solving process. The game goes for 8 rounds and is played over the course of the 5 days- as you learn a new step or tool, you apply it to a round of the game. After the first round, the leader of the other team pipes up with "Let's make it a competition!" Several of us on my team... didn't want that. At all. For several reasons. It makes it a game and not a learning process. It makes us competitive types have that competitive side come out and that can make things get ugly. For others, competition is a reason to withdraw from the process. Long story short... the team that didn't want it to be a competition.. won! That's all for now- things that I'm feeling good about, things that are little fragments... all out in the blogosphere now! Photobucket

11 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

happy birthday to the big 3 year old
nice pics - I noticed the restroom where you work I assume is very clean.
Your training session reminds me of officer training school in the Air Force.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Bathrooms are the only place that I have access to a full length mirror- so my pics tend to be in the bathroom or in the locker room at the gym. It's kind of a running joke at this point.

Good to know I'm prepared for the Air Force after building comb block boats. :)

Garret said...

Liz, you look fan-friggin-tastic! How do you feel?

Mrs. Peterson said...

I love birthday parties! It sounds like you are going to have a great weekend, too. I'm curious about your getting healthy post. I think I'm going to have to follow you so I can get inspired!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Zach! And, as Korey said, I will need to follow you to find out how to stay motivated to stay healthy. A big problem for me.

Found you on The Girl Next Door's blog. Have a super, busy weekend!

Mandi said...

Sexy jeans!! You look awesome, congrats!!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Wow, what a week!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!!!
My grandson turns 3 on November 12th and his parents are taking him to a hotel with an indoor water park for the that weekend. Every time he sees a commercial on tv for one of those hotels he always says "go there" and has for a long time, so they are going to go there. :)

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

Karen M. Peterson said...

Those jeans are super cute. You look great!

Have a fun weekend! I hope Zach has a great birthday!

qandlequeen said...

Happy birthday to Zach!

Anonymous said...

Your boy turns 3!!!! WHat a fun age, but all ages are fun aren't they?

Have a wonderful weekend celebrating!

I love the jeans!

Mrs4444 said...

You look hot! I always love your cheerful fragments :)