Monday, September 26, 2011

Seasons of Change

I often feel like not many agree with me on this subject.

I really like all 4 seasons.

I live in an area where winter is cold and snowy and summer is hot and humid.  When we go through all 4 seasons, they are all different and unique times of year.

My favorite seasons are spring and fall. 

I think I like that they are seasons of change and transition.

Now that we are officially in autumn, I thought I would share some things I am eager to experience in the upcoming weeks.

Next weekend, we have an event for Jeff's workplace.  It's an annual appreciation/safety event and it's held at the Zoo.  The kids will enjoy the day with the animals.  I'll enjoy a day outside!

Oct 8 - Oktoberfest at Trader's Point.  $8 if I pre-buy my ticket, kids get in free.  It's the kind of thing Christy would love to do but she'll be heading out of state.  So more food and drink for me!!  On the way home, I'd love to go check out the Celebrate Science event at the Indiana State Fairgrounds!  How cool does that look???

Oct 15 - I'd like to go to Stonycreek Farm that weekend.  However, Zach has a pumpkin patch field trip on that Monday.  But... it's been rained out the last 2 years so if we have good weather, we might need to jump on it!

The following weekend... hmmmm...  What's going on?

CRAP!  I need to plan a birthday party for Zach!  He turns 4 on the 23rd so that weekend will be all about celebrating Zach with family groups and friends.  No big parties at this point.  Might invite 1 friend to a playdate at a bounce place like Monkey Joe's.

Then comes Halloween weekend!

Oct 29 - I am planning to do a bike ride with my friend, Paulette.  It's got 2 of our favorite things going on- riding bikes, drinking beer.  That's Saturday and we will do trick or treating with the kids on Sunday.  Teagan wants to be Daphne from Scooby Doo and Zach might be Spiderman but he's still very undecided.

I'd also love to hit the Broad Ripple Farmer's Market since my local market is now closed for the season.  And I want time to ride my bike- and would love to schedule a weekend morning to go do a farm route in Hendricks County

I am soaking up the sunshine, the fresh air, the changing colors, the leaves.  Winter will be upon us soon enough!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

It was uncomfortably hot this summer (it always is here) so Fall to me is all about enjoying the outdoors. I'm obsessed with my bike lately and can't wait to spend more time out riding it. All the smells and tastes and sights of Fall make me so happy!

Katherine said...

I love so many things about fall. I need to start focusing on those things instead of the fact that winter comes after fall.

Liz Mays said...

I love that you're packing all this in while the weather holds. I don't blame you a bit!

Nej said...

I love three of the four seasons. Summer could pass us by, and I wouldn't complain much....heck, really wouldn't complain any. :-)

Claudya Martinez said...

I love your attitude.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Sounds like you're going to have a good October.

I like the 4 seasons, but I'm really only a fan of snow when I don't have to drive it in. Or walk in it. Or shovel it out of the driveway. Or throw down salt to keep it from turning to ice.